2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 11:50 AM by mcwhat

Agents not reporting to ePO - Connection Problem

mcwhat

Hi all,

I am hoping that someone can help me with this problem I'm facing.

I have Linux and Windows servers all of them just stopped communication to the EPO about 3 weeks ago. I logged onto the servers to check the DAT, they are the latest version. I am thinking they must have been updating from the internet and not from EPO.

From EPO I am able to successfully ping all the servers, from the servers I can ping EPO.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

I have attached the error log from one of the servers.

Id appreciate any help.

• 1. Re: Agents not reporting to ePO - Connection Problem
          ja2013

>>I am hoping that someone can help me with this problem I'm facing.

>>I have Linux and Windows servers all of them just stopped communication to the EPO about 3 weeks ago. I logged onto the servers to check the DAT, they are the latest version. I am thinking they must have been updating from the internet >>and not from EPO.

It matters that your clients are getting updates but you have bigger fish to fry or issues to fix.

>>From EPO I am able to successfully ping all the servers, from the servers I can ping EPO

Pinging really doesn't count here as your McAfee Agents are using a port in combination with keys from the ePO server. I would get on the phone with McAfee sooner than later so the guys in support can login and look at your situation. Do not wait! Start thinking of what happened three weeks ago when this issue started. Logs are useful here on the forum but your environment requires attention. Arm chair opinions could be helpful but you really need timely support.

• 2. Re: Agents not reporting to ePO - Connection Problem
            mcwhat

Thanks for your response!

I have logged a call with them this morning. I have had 3 guys log in and troubleshoot all day. Still not resolved, they ran this McAfee app to pull more logs for further investigation. I hope this can be resolved quickly.

The issue Im having is I cant telnet to my epo server using port 8081. I ran a small app on the epo server to listen on port 8081, only then can I successfully telnet. So it cant be a firewall a something in between blocking that port.