1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 28, 2016 4:40 PM by hhoang

DLP 9.4.2 will not uninstall

silverss05

I have a client machine running DLP 9.4.2.  I need to remove it to downgrade since it is not working.  EPO shows the software installed and running, the agent shows DLP in the about.  Programs and Features does not show McAfee DLP to remove with a code.  I also cannot open the DLP console on the system to try to generate a key for removal.  I have also tried running a task from EPO to the system to remove the software, but it fails.

Is there a manual way to open the DLP console on the system via CMD line?

Is there a manual way to remove DLP?

Thank you

• 1. Re: DLP 9.4.2 will not uninstall
          hhoang

The only supported methods to removing DLPe would be via an uninstall task from EPO or alternatively via the control panel.  If the installation is not showing in control panel you may have an option enabled in the policy to not display DLP in the add/remove programs applet.  If you are unable to access the local DLP console the system might not be getting a policy or it may be a corrupt installation - both are potential reasons why you may be having an issue with DLP to begin with. 

You may want to consider opening a support ticket if you have not already to investigate the issues you are having with this version of DLP or why the uninstall task is failing to complete/run; alternatively, if you would simply like to uninstall the product you can pull the MSI uninstall command from the registry:

HKLM\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\DLPAGENT1000

Note:  On a 64bit system it will be in HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\DLPAGENT1000

There will be an 'Uninstall Command' value here - copy and paste this uninstall string into command prompt and should request the uninstall release code from EPO.  If this also fails then you are likely looking at a partial/corrupt installation in which case you will likely need to run Microsoft's MSIZAP utility against the installation first and then reinstall DLP to "repair" the installation.  After the installation has been repaired then you should be able to do a normal uninstall (client task or control panel).