5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2016 8:30 AM by kmmoorthy

Agent Handler upgrade

kmmoorthy

Hi All,

I am preparing the plan to upgrade the agent handler servers in our environment.

The ePO server is already upgraded to 5.3.1, but the AH servers are running with 4.6.7.

I see the ePO server itself listed as Agent Handler server with other 5 servers.

Now I see there is no McAfee ePO services running on 2 servers but listed in AH server in ePO.

How can I make sure that a server is installed as agent handler apart from the services.

Also do I need to make any changes in ePO server when upgrading the agent handler servers.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Agent Handler upgrade
          kmmoorthy

Further to add on this, is there any backout plan after AH upgrade if something goes wrong.

• 2. Re: Agent Handler upgrade
            Dutchman39

Actually, you should always keep your Agent Handlers at the same rev level as the ePO server itself.

Utilizing virtual machine snapshots is a great way of providing a simple back out plan.

• 3. Re: Agent Handler upgrade
              thomdrichison

Did you stop Event Parser and Apache service on your AG prior to epo Server upgrade to 5.3?

After the epo upgrade

Open folder where extract was done

Copy AGENT HANDLER folder to your agent handler systems

run set up

(Destination folder cannot contain double-byte character's)

Type in name of ePO Server AG to communicate with

specify port for client to server use

You need ePO Admin USER and PW with Global rights

for DAtabase Information DB instance and server (DB-Server\ServerName

list authentication type (Smart card ect)

Domain

Your user anem and password

DB name again if not already populated

Run final install

when Complete re enable from the AG interface in the ePO console and reenable your AG services in the AG system(s)

PS make sure your AG polices separate the traffic to AG's if the Where of reporting to is important for your systems, i.e. distant or physically closer

IF a first time AG install the steps are not the same as above.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Agent Handler upgrade
                thomdrichison

If your AG is a VM then a snapshot is a simple back out.

Be sure to delete the snapshot when post testing passes. That will get too big and slow down your realtime instance.

• 5. Re: Agent Handler upgrade
                  kmmoorthy

Yes, I stopped the AH services before the ePO upgrade. And I started them after the upgrade completed.