4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2016 8:16 AM by catdaddy

Can't reinstall mcafee

arno

Hi,

I am not particularly happy with mcafee this last days.

First of all, I spent the last 2 days trying to install Windows 10 anniversary update, but it didn't work: I had a black screen with dot moving in circle for hours without nothing happening... I tried 2 more times, same problem...

Windows 10 problem ? Maybe not  because the update succeded after uninstalling Mcafee.

So here I am, with windows 10 up to date, but not mcafee anymore because I simply can't install it (at the end of the installation the box just said that the installation wasn't successful without details). I tried twice and I don't know yet what to do!

I don't want to lose half a week trying to have a my computer up to date and a properly working antivirus...

Could you please help me to install your software?

By the way, apparently your forum is a target for spammers today, I don't find it really nice for an antivirus website...

Thank you and have a nice day

• 1. Re: Can't reinstall mcafee
          Peacekeeper

It is usual to uninstall Mcafee prior to updating the OS that said I did that for 2 installs and was lazy and did not do it for the 3rd install. all worked but maybe I was lucky.

I would uninstall Mcafee via windows IF it shows up in the programs and features list then run the MCPR removal tool from here

Removal tool MCPR

I assume you did not install any paid versions of other AV software like malwarebytes premium etc They can clash with the install.. I assume not but had to mention it sorry.

If no help I would call support they will troubleshoot the issue. sometimes the install server drops off.

Support Portal

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can't reinstall mcafee
            arno

it is working now!

I didn't have any other Av SW, so I downloaded MCPR and used it.

Then mcafee installation was successful !

Thanks a lot for your help !

• 3. Re: Can't reinstall mcafee
              catdaddy

@arno,

Glad that you were capable of resolving your issue   I highly recommend that you 'Bookmark' and save those 2 Links Colleague (Peacekeeper)  provided you , just in case you may need them in the future.

All the very Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products Moderator

• 4. Re: Can't reinstall mcafee
                catdaddy

Moved from Service and Support > Consumer > General Discussion >Discussions

By Moderator