3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 4:58 PM by woody188

    ePO Endpoint Security Platform Extension Error

    neilriach

      I have just installed the extension for Endpoint Security Platform 10.2.0.289 extension on ePO 5.3.1 and there is 'Plug-in ENDP_GS_1000 is missing dependency: PostInstallXP' error.  Can someone point me in the right direction, I can not seem to find any information on this error.

       

      Thank you

      Neil

        • 1. Re: ePO Endpoint Security Platform Extension Error
          Peter M

          Moved to ePO as a better spot for it.

          ----

          Peter

          Moderator

          ----

          • 2. Re: ePO Endpoint Security Platform Extension Error
            woody188
            Endpoint Security10.0ENDP_GS_100010.0.0.1031Endpoint Security Common

             

            I was trying to clear out some old extensions and now I get this error too: Plug-in ENDP_GS_1000 is missing dependency: PostInstallXP

             

            Why would removing the 10.1 evaluation client, or the 10.1 migration extensions break the whole thing through 10.5?

             

            Seeing all these at login:

             

            ENDP_FW_META - Dependent plug-in ENDP_GS_1000 failed with initialization error
            ENDP_AM_1000 - Dependent plug-in ENDP_GS_1000 failed with initialization error
            ENDP_GS_1000 - Plug-in ENDP_GS_1000 is missing dependency: PostInstallXP
            JTIClientMETA - Dependent plug-in ENDP_GS_1000 failed with initialization error
            ENDP_WP_1000 - Dependent plug-in ENDP_GS_1000 failed with initialization error

             

            Looks like it all starts with the PostInstallXP dependency. Anyone have any information on this at all?

            • 3. Re: ePO Endpoint Security Platform Extension Error
              woody188

              Reinstall the "Guided Configuration" extension.

               

              Had to contact support. I had removed the "Guided Configuration" extension that ePO is happy to remove without any warnings even though there was a dependency on it. We reinstalled the extension from C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Installer\ePO\extensions and it fired right back up. Case closed. Shout out to Ariel in support for the assist!

               

              Part of the problem is the XML file is called "PostInstallXP" but the extension is called GuidedConfig. Makes it very confusing for anyone trying to figure it out.