9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2009 4:34 AM by jmaxwell

Framepackage command lines

Anyone know where I can get all the framepackage commands for Agent 4.0? Were any new ones added in agent 4.0?

I have some old machine images that had 3.5 agent and 8.0 vscan and for some reason the discovery process doesn't always upgrade the old agent to the new one so I was hoping to use one of the forceupdate commands.

Leads me to another question. Anyone out there that has been able to completly remove the framepackage from login scripts and having 100% successful installs with epo 4 and vscan 8.5?

I'm wanting to move away from having to have the login scripts but for some reason my install doesn't upgrade all the older machines just right and I have to rely on the old login scripts sometimes. Anyone else run into this? I have our entire Active directory set to synchro every 30 mins but for some reason, the agent just doesn't get pushed down to older machines, and we have a mess of old images with file and print sharing turned off, etc. I think that is part of the issue.
        • 1. RE: Framepackage command lines
          It`s look like this are the same commands.

McAfee kb:
          https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/dynamickc.do?externalId=MA-40-McAfeeAge nt40ReleaseNoteshtml9&sliceId=&command=show&forward=nonthreadedKC&kcId=MA-40-McA feeAgent40ReleaseNoteshtml9

Installing the agent and data in their default locations using default site list and key information

Use this command to install the agent, site list and keys in their default locations. This command is the equivalent of double-clicking the program file in the installation package.

framepkg.exe
          Installing the agent in specified folders

Use this command to install the agent in a folder other than the default. The example shown here specifies a folder for the installation files (instdir) and a folder for the data files (datadir). These can be the same or different folders.

framepkg.exe /install=agent /instdir=<target folder name> /datadir=<target folder name>
          Installing the agent with user-selected policies

Use this command for installation and upgrade to include policies selected by the administrator rather than the default policies.

framepkg.exe /install=agent /agentpolicy=<full path of user-defined server.xml file>
          Note: Policies are stored in a file, server.xml. To create this file:

1. Configure the policies on an ePolicy Orchestrator server.
          2. Enforce the policies on a selected client. The client’s server.xml file now includes the user-selected policies. The server.xml can be found on the client at Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\ Common Framework.
          3. Copy the new server.xml file from the client to a shared location.

Installing the agent and specifying the log folder

Use this command to install the agent in its default location and specify a log file other than the default log file as the record of the agent’s activities.

framepkg.exe /install=agent /logdir=<target folder name>
          Note: The /logdir parameter can be appended to other installation commands.
          Installing the agent with user-selected site information and user-selected keys

Use this command to install the agent and specify a site list file and security keys (srpubkey.bin and reqseckey.bin) other than the defaults. This command is useful when upgrading an agent using framepkg_upd.exe. It specifies the server with which the agent communicates irrespective of the site information embedded in the original installation package.

framepkg.exe /install=agent /siteinfo=<full path of sitelist.xml>

The security keys must be located in the same folder as the site list. Use ePolicy Orchestrator to export the files:

1. Export the siteinfo file:
          1. Select Software | Master Repository.
          2. Click Export Sitelist.
          3. Save the file to a new location.
          2. Export the security keys:
          1. Select Configuration | Server Settings | Security Keys, and click Edit.
          2. Select Master Agent-server secure communication key, and click Export.
          3. Save the files to the same location as the siteinfo file.

Installing the agent by force

Use this command to delete the currently installed agent and install a different agent only when:

* Downgrading to an earlier version of the agent.
          * Changing the names of the folders that contain the agent.
          * Restoring the agent’s settings to a default state.

framepkg.exe /install=agent /forceinstall
          Note: McAfee strongly advises against using /forceinstall to install a new agent because a forceinstall:

* Deletes current program files and restores data files to a default state. As a result, all user-configured repositories and user-created tasks are lost.
          * Removes the currently installed agent and introduces the risk that installation of the replacement agent could fail. As a result, one or more systems could have no agent at all.
          * Requires on occasion a restart of the system.

Installing without requiring specific user privileges

Use this command to allow all users access to agent files and registry, regardless of their user privileges.

framepkg.exe /install=agent /defaultpermissions
          Installing silently

Use this command to install the agent without displaying information dialog boxes on the client.

framepkg.exe /install=agent /s or framepkg.exe /install=agent /silent
          Installing with specification of interface and log file language

Use this command to install the agent and specify a language other than the target computer’s native language.

framepkg.exe /install=agent /uselanguage=<language code>

Language codes are:
          Language Code
          Chinese (Simplified) 0804
          Chinese (Traditional) 0404
          Dutch 0413
          English 0409
          French 040c
          German 0407
          Italian 0410
          Japanese 0411
          Korean 0412
          Polish 0415l
          Portuguese 0416
          Spanish 040a
          Swedish 041d
          Note: To restore the computer’s native language, type /resetlanguage
          Upgrading agent to a new version

Use either command to upgrade the agent to a new version.

framepkg_upd.exe or framepkg.exe /upgrade

Using these commands is the equivalent of double-clicking framepkg_upd.exe in the installation package.
          Uninstalling the agent
          Some managed products incorporate their own copies of the agent. Uninstalling the agent may involve removing the agent that controls managed mode and removing or upgrading the agent(s) that are embedded in products such as McAfee VirusScan Enterprise and McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention.

* Uninstall the agent that controls ePolicy Orchestrator managed mode and upgrading the agent(s) embedded in managed products:

frminst.exe /remove=agent
          * Uninstall the agent that controls ePolicy Orchestrator managed mode and the agents embedded in managed products if they are not in use:

frminst.exe /uninstall
          * Uninstall the agent that controls ePolicy Orchestrator managed mode and the agents embedded in managed products whether or not they are in use:

frminst.exe /forceuninstall

Converting from unmanaged mode to managed mode
          Use this task to convert a client currently operating in unmanaged mode to managed mode.

frminst.exe /install=agent
          Converting from managed mode to unmanaged mode
          Use this task to convert a client currently operating in managed mode to unmanaged mode.

frminst.exe /remove=agent
          Changing server
          Use this task to change the server with which a client communicates.

The security keys must be located in the same folder as the site list.

frminst.exe /siteinfo=<full path of target server’s sitelist.xml file>
          • 2. Uninstall ePolicy 3.6
            Hello,

No commands I have found allow an uninstall. The network I have inherited has ePolicy 3.6 on it and as far as I can work this out each workstation seems to be a standalone install and not all are updating. I want to remove this and install 8.5, any help will be appreciated
            • 3. RE: Uninstall ePolicy 3.6
              jmaxwell
              Why not just force out a new agent install from ePO and tick the "force over existing" box ?

Also you seem to be confusing the Agent and the AV clients ?

Jim
              • 4. epo removal
                Hello jmaxwell,

Because ePO is not something that I have ever came across before. There does not appear to be a central server managing anything. Every other network we support has McAfee 8 or 8.5. Each PC manages itself. These machines have ePO on it and I have assumed it is an alternative to the above. Perhaps you would like to clarify this.

I would like to bring it in line with other supported networks and remove ePO.
                • 5. RE: epo removal
                  jmaxwell
                  Well since ePO is a centralised management (deployment and policy configuration etc.) for McAfee AV and Antispyware products - I personally think that's the way you should manage AV on any more than a handful of clients systems so I'm certainly not going to encourage you to decebntralisethe management of these systems - I'm sure there are others here who may be happy to assist you in this endeavour.

Jim
                  • 6. RE: epo removal
                    jmaxwell my query was for assistance on removing epo. As you have no advice here, offer no assistance and each reply you submit is patronising why bother?

People come to these support groups/forums not because they are idiots but because they need advice on something that they are unfamilar with. Pity the complete IT novice if this is your typical stance. Experts do not need your help and I guess would not seek it.

If anyone else can actually concentrate on my query I would be most grateful.

All the best
                    • 7. RE: epo removal
                      jmaxwell

Hey ho - sorry to have upset you

You may find the following of use

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60556&actp=search&search id=1236158998306

More detail here - search doc for "command line" or "unistall" or "remove"

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 20000/PD20053/en_US/epo_402_product_guide_en-us.pdf

Alternatively if you actualy find an ePO server the select the client systems and delete them and select the "remove agent" option

Hey I managed sarcastic and helpfull in the same post :rolleyes:

Jim
                      • 8. RE: epo removal
                        Thank you, I will follow your links, but do appreciate the latter response, resores my faith in these forums
                        • 9. RE: epo removal
                          jmaxwell
                          You're welcome - hope it helps happy