1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2016 5:05 AM by korax777
      • 1. Re: Status of macOS Sierra compatibility?
        Vineetkr

For enterprise customers Sierra will be supported through McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.2.1. As in past we intent to support it on the day Sierra will be released.

• 2. Re: Status of macOS Sierra compatibility?
          patgmac

Vineet Kumar wrote:

For enterprise customers Sierra will be supported through McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.2.1. As in past we intent to support it on the day Sierra will be released.

Thanks for the quick response. Any reason you're waiting until the day it's released? Enterprise customers need to be ready the day of an OS release. And "something might change at the last minute" is not a valid reason. The chances of a last minute change affecting your product is extremely unlikely.

• 3. Re: Status of macOS Sierra compatibility?
            Vineetkr

We have seen last minute breaking changes in past therefore, we decided to wait for RTW. For readiness you can reach out to us via support. We can provide an early drop for testing.

Thanks,

Vineet

• 4. Re: Status of macOS Sierra compatibility?
              Vineetkr

Hi All,

Just wanted to update that we released Endpoint Security for Mac 10.2.1 with support for macOS Sierra. You should be able to download it using your grant number or ePO software manager.

Thanks,

Vineet

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 5. Re: Status of macOS Sierra compatibility?
                jinx4275

Any word on McAfee 9.8 compatibility for Mac OS X Sierra? I have a school full of iMacs and MacBook Airs waiting to be updated but on testing discovered that McAfee 9.8 crashes continuously with Sierra. Bit frustrating.

• 6. Re: Status of macOS Sierra compatibility?
                  twenden

I also feel your frustration. I am at a school and also have VSE 9.8 deployed on Macs across campus. It sounds to me that we are being forced to move to the new ENS products. I have already installed ENS 10.2.1 for Mac and started testing it. Hopefully, they will update VSE 9.8 but we don't have enough time as users will soon upgrade to MacOS Sierra as we have no way of stopping them.

• 7. Re: Status of macOS Sierra compatibility?
                    nishi_n

Hi Vineet,

Good day. My organisation deployed McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac v2.3. This worked well on El Capitan. It doesn't work on macOS Sierra. When I try to run it, I get an error "The Software failed to launch. Error code: -1".

Can you please let me know which version of McAfee Endpoint Protection will work with macOS Sierra ? I read the note on EndPoint Security for Mac v 10.2.1 supporting macOS Sierra on this page, but

that is a different product. So, I will appreciate if you can let me know which software does our organisation need to use ?

Thanks

Regards

Nishi

• 8. Re: Status of macOS Sierra compatibility?
                      patgmac

Endpoint Security for Mac 10.2.1 replaces EPM 2.3.

• 9. Re: Status of macOS Sierra compatibility?
                        jinx4275

Frustrating part for us too is we're on license through our schools broadband provider, so contacting McAfee directly to resolve the issue is a no-go. I have to go through our provider first and then hope for a speedy resolution. I discovered some staff have already upgraded their macs themselves too which creates a headache for me with McAfee now not working.

1 2 Previous Next