3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 4:35 AM by zahni Branched to a new discussion.

Anyone here updated to v4?

nov1ce

Hi,

Anyone here successfully updated to v4 of MOVE? How painful it is, and is it worth to update from the latest Multi-Platform 3.6.x? Is the integration with vSphere and SVM Manager deployment mandatory?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Anyone here updated to v4?
          Troja

Hi nov1ce,

some customers updated to this version and reported it was easy going. I have not tested move myself but will do the next time, because i want to test the DXL integration.

vShere: do you mean the connector or move agentless??

SVM Manager: Do you know the product? If you want to configure a dynamic assignment from Offload Scanners to your endpoints the SVA Manager makes sense. You can assign multiple Offload Scanners dynamic to your endpoints.

Cheers

• 2. Re: Anyone here updated to v4?
            nov1ce

Hi Troja,

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding vSphere: I mean the connector. We're not using agentless, but rather Multi-Platform with several Offload servers serving VMs in respective subnets. We didn't have any vSphere integration with 3.6, so I believe we can continue with v4 using the same pattern?

I've read about SVM Manager a bit, but since we're relatively small (~300 nodes with 6 offload servers) a dynamic assignment wouldn't be required at this stage.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Anyone here updated to v4?
              zahni

No, currently, you can't install the extensions without the vsphere extension first.