4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2010 8:31 AM by barena

EPO 4.0 and Tags

I finally made the time to install 4.0 on my test server and based on what I have seen so far, I am going to push up my anticipated production install date. It appears that this will address several management issues I have.

My question is this....Can you setup a tag criteria using wildcards? We have strict naming conventions so to be able to examine the 4th character in a PC Name would be handy.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
        • 1. RE: EPO 4.0 and Tags
          I would like (need?) to use wildcards for criteria tag, I have try * ? %, without success, any help??
          • 2. Re: EPO 4.5 and Tags

Hi

I have the same question that is....Can you setup a tag criteria using wildcards? We have strict naming conventions so to be able to examine fromt the first to the eleventh character in a PC Name would be handy.

Im my large organzization I have to manage more than 100,000 pc with strict naming conventions , therefore have this features would be appreciated.

I tried with % but have no effect

Best regard

• 3. Re: EPO 4.5 and Tags
              jmcleish

Have you tried the tag- "ends with" for system name?

We have our student machines and lecturns prefixed so we use "starts with"

Another thing (but I've not tested this at all) is maybe to try eleven ? as these represents a single character.

Jane

• 4. Re: EPO 4.5 and Tags

As rjordap write, I have try * ? % _ [0-9], without success. Some of these are sql wildcard, I would to like to use.

If I have to search, not only by tag  but in the quick search too, systems with hostname starts with "XYKZ" and ends with "M???" where every ? is a number from 0 to 9 I cannot.

In the search window of the epo 3.6.1 I could do it.

Thank you for the help.

bye