to your devices
What devices? I've never seen that on my installation. Make sure that Windows 10 is fully updated (Insider Builds are NOT supported), then uninstall ALL McAfee software via Control Panel, Programs and Features.
It may ask you to reboot, do so.
Run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.
Reinstall from your online account.
It's all outlined HERE.
There is no need to disable Windows Defender, the McAfee installer will do that for you. But do uninstall any competing A/V software that may have been installed before. maybe by the manufacturer or computer vendor.
Sorry it is a typing mistake, I mean User Account Control dialog box which shows "Do you want this app to make changes to your device?"
Windows 10 is completely updated I just double checked, I restarted the PC and tried to run MCPR tool, but the same thing happens!
nothing happened after I pressed yes in the User Account dialog box, I waited for a long time but nothing happened
And the Anti virus which had been installed by the vendor is McAfee Security Scan plus, I did uninstalled it
my problem is that McAfee Internet security, MCPR do not work
You have to be logged in as an Administrator-level user in order to do this. Is that so?
If you are and this still happens I recommend you contact Technical Support, it's free by phone or online chat.
McAfee Security Scan Plus is merely a Marketing tool. It has no (Protection Capabilities) whatsoever. It simply scans your system and notifies you if you have a Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware application /or not.
it looks like the installer does not kick off. Please contact Support from the below link whom will assist you with this issue.
Probably there are some missing permissions or some other running processes prefenting the download manager from running. Anyway simply do this.
Step 1: Activate the built in Windows Administarotr account:
- Press "Windows Button" and "X" and select command line as administrator
- Type the following: net user administrator /active:yes
Step 2: Perform a Clean Boot
- Open msconfig: Windows Button + R = msconfig
- Go to "Services":
- select the option to hide all microsoft services on the bottom left.
- Click/tap on deactivate all option.
- Go to the System Start option and click/tap open task manager
- In the new window deactivate everything
- close the window
- apply all changes and ok
- Log Into the activated "Administrator" account. (dont confuse this with your usual account which is also administrator).
Step 3: Reset and disable Windows Firewall.
Open CMD as admin
-Windows Button and X and select command line as administrator
- type: netsh advfirewall reset
- type: netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off
- type: net user administrator /active:no
- type: start iexplore
- open mcafee webpage and start new installation
- once mcafee is installed reboot and log into your regular windows user account. At this point the built in "Administrator" wont appear any longer.
Step 4: Update mcafee
Step 5: Run a quick scan on your system
Step 6: Enjoy
The person posting before you is with McAfee Support and his advice is always good and if he advises someone to contact support, there's a good reason for it.
So I would say they will deal with it