1 2 Previous Next 14 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2016 10:45 AM by exbrit Branched to a new discussion.

McAfee Internet Security installation issue

ameera

Hi, I purchased McAfee internet security few days ago, I have been trying to install it to my PC, however, it shows the window which ask "Do you want this app to make changes to your devices?" and when I press "yes" nothing happens at all!

I have removed McAfee security scan plus which was when I bought it.

I tried to MVT but it showed an error that McAfee is untrusted publisher , I removed McAfee from untrusted publisher list in my PC, but when I run MVT again I got a message "McAfee Technician Virtual Installation failed"

I tried many times to install Internet security, I restarted my PC, I disabled Windows defender, but every time I try to run it nothing happens after the message "Do you want this app to make changes to your devices?"

please help me to install it successfully

thank you

note: I am using Windows 10

• 1. Re: McAfee Internet Security installation issue
          exbrit

to your devices

What devices?   I've never seen that on my installation.   Make sure that Windows 10 is fully updated (Insider Builds are NOT supported), then uninstall ALL McAfee software via Control Panel, Programs and Features.

It may ask you to reboot, do so.

Run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.

Reinstall from your online account.

It's all outlined HERE.

• 2. Re: McAfee Internet Security installation issue
            exbrit

There is no need to disable Windows Defender, the McAfee installer will do that for you.   But do uninstall any competing A/V software that may have been installed before. maybe by the manufacturer or computer vendor.

• 3. Re: McAfee Internet Security installation issue
              ameera

Sorry it is a typing mistake, I mean User Account Control dialog box which shows "Do you want this app to make changes to your device?"

Windows 10 is completely updated I just double checked, I restarted the PC and tried to run MCPR tool, but the same thing happens!

nothing happened after I pressed yes in the User Account dialog box, I waited for a long time but nothing happened

• 4. Re: McAfee Internet Security installation issue
                ameera

And the Anti virus which had been installed by the vendor is McAfee Security Scan plus, I did uninstalled it

my problem is that McAfee Internet security, MCPR do not work

• 5. Re: McAfee Internet Security installation issue
                  exbrit

You have to be logged in as an Administrator-level user in order to do this.  Is that so?

If you are and this still happens I recommend you contact Technical Support, it's free by phone or online chat.

Technical Support & Customer Service

• 6. Re: McAfee Internet Security installation issue
                    catdaddy

ameera,

McAfee Security Scan Plus is merely a Marketing tool. It has no (Protection Capabilities) whatsoever. It simply scans your system and notifies you if you have a Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware application /or not.

• 7. Re: McAfee Internet Security installation issue
                      selvan

Hello Ameera,

it looks like the installer does not kick off. Please contact Support from the below link whom will assist you with this issue.

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

• 8. Re: McAfee Internet Security installation issue
                        tech-master

Probably there are some missing permissions or some other running processes prefenting the download manager from running. Anyway simply do this.

Step 1: Activate the built in Windows Administarotr account:

- Press "Windows Button" and "X" and select command line as administrator

- Type the following: net user administrator /active:yes

Step 2: Perform a Clean Boot

- Open msconfig: Windows Button + R = msconfig

- Go to "Services":

- select the option to hide all microsoft services on the bottom left.

- Click/tap on deactivate all option.

- Go to the System Start option and click/tap open task manager

- In the new window deactivate everything

- close the window

- apply all changes and ok

- Reboot

- Log Into the activated "Administrator" account. (dont confuse this with your usual account which is also administrator).

Step 3: Reset and disable Windows Firewall.

Open CMD as admin

-Windows Button and X and select command line as administrator

- type: netsh advfirewall reset

- type: netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off

- type: net user administrator /active:no

- type: start iexplore

- open mcafee webpage and start new installation

- once mcafee is installed reboot and log into your regular windows user account. At this point the built in "Administrator" wont appear any longer.

Step 4: Update mcafee

Step 5: Run a quick scan on your system

Step 6: Enjoy

• 9. Re: McAfee Internet Security installation issue
                          exbrit

The person posting before you is with McAfee Support and his advice is always good and if he advises someone to contact support, there's a good reason for it.

So I would say they will deal with it

1 2 Previous Next