1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2016 1:38 PM by marcd

Works on most sites doesn't work on others

wkramer11050

I've been using True Key since it was released and it's always worked fine for me.  When logging into foxnews.com it always logged me in with no problem.  In the last week whenever I go to login the True Key logo does not appear in the user name and password and neither if filled in.  When I use the username and password from True Key entered manually they work.  What has changed in the last week?

• 1. Re: Works on most sites doesn't work on others
          selvan

Hello William,

Please try to open foxnews website from Truekey Dashboard and see if it is successful.

Looking at the layout of foxnews homepage there isn't any login button however when you navigate to Videos the Login button appears which after clicking makes username & Password fields visible for Trukey to Auto-fill / Auto-login

• 2. Re: Works on most sites doesn't work on others
            wkramer11050

The dashboard doesn't work for logging in.  As you noted you have to open the login box to login and that's where true key used to log me in but doesn't anymore.  The strange thing is on a different computer it does log me in.

• 3. Re: Works on most sites doesn't work on others
              selvan

Hi William,

I got an update from our TrueKey Expert team that this is a known issue with foxnews website alone and that they are currently investigating this. Have no ETA on when this investigation will be complete. Fingers crossed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Works on most sites doesn't work on others
                wkramer11050

Thanks for a quick reply.

• 5. Re: Works on most sites doesn't work on others
                  cyberghost

I am sorry but this issue is by far "not" isolated to the fox news site, it includes "so far" that I have discovered,

MalwareTips , MEGA and that's two I have found after having this installed for an hour.

Thats two sites I utilize on a regular basis

• 6. Re: Works on most sites doesn't work on others
                    catdaddy

cyberghost,

I will ask a (Expert) from the TrueKey Team if he can add to the discussion.

marcd  Could you kindly add to the discussion?

All the Best,

Cliff

• 7. Re: Works on most sites doesn't work on others
                      marcd

Good morning,

Websites keep regularly updating their sites thus creating issues with the instant login, they do this mostly for security reasons among others (performance, page design, etc.). The True Key team tries as much as possible to automatized the process of checking websites that use True Key to do an instant login but it is not always possible for all the websites, we cannot catch them all so in these cases we rely on our users providing us the specific URL's that are not working well for the instant login and we can then check to optimize them.

Please let me know the specific URL's and I will make my best to bring it to the team.

Thanks,

MarcD

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Works on most sites doesn't work on others
                        cyberghost

I will post my Receipt at the bottom so you know I am actually a paying customer, but my Question is, how can LastPass and others do this

flawlessly for free, but we pay for True Key and it does not function as reliably as any of the free password mangaers

available ?

I don't mind paying, and I did before I tried it because it had the Intel name associated with it.

I hope this is all figured out soon or sales will reflect my above statement.

Customers won't pay for something that is flawed when there are free options that actually deliver and work.

I guess I just expected more with the Intel logo on it, I am older and am well aware of Intel's stellar reputation.

Pimping their logo out to software of this quality may be a big error on their part in the long run.

When free reliably out preforms Paid, its time for a reevaluation.

And please don't get me wrong, I am just being honest and am not mad, in fact I am going to continue

using the software hoping that by the time to renew rolls around there will be improvements so that

True Key will be a product I am proud to support. Time will tell I guess.

My receipt: Order Number #CS1786184900

• 9. Re: Works on most sites doesn't work on others
                          marcd

Hello Cyberghost,

I am a bit at loss here, let me first say that as many people here can confirm I would have extend my full support even if you were a non paid customer.

Having said that, I won't try to compare True Key to other password managers but I can tell you that our application has an unique distinction in the multi security factors that can be used to unlock it and make more secure than others on the market.

In order for me to help you and as I said on my previous message, I need to know which url's you are referring to do we can check if these sites have something in common.

We need to isolate the source of the issue here.

Thanks,

MarcD

1 2 Previous Next