1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 10:21 PM by marcd

Something went wrong (Mac)

chrislee

I'm a long time user of TrueKey on two Macs and an iPhone.

Two days ago I installed the most recent update on the Mac and was unable to login. I get the terse "Something went wrong" message.

Because, I was under-caffeinated I accidentally updated the second Mac with the same update and voilà, now I am unable to login to the second Mac and the error message is identical: "Something went wrong".

I'm down to a single point of failure with access to my passwords on my iPhone only.

Since I don't see any other complaints, this is either unique to me or everyone else is unable to find this message board.

Hopefully, the next update will fix this.

• 1. Re: Something went wrong (Mac)
          exbrit

If I were you I would go straight to Technical Support with this problem.

Technical Support & Customer Service

---

Regards

Peter

---

• 2. Re: Something went wrong (Mac)
            catdaddy

chrislee,

There indeed been reports in regards to the latest update for Truekey. I will ask for assistance from the 'Lead Expert' on the Truekey team.

marcd  Could you kindly add to this discussion ?

• 3. Re: Something went wrong (Mac)
              marcd

Hi Chrislee,

If issue is related to the MAC devices, let's start by clearing the cache on them:

1. Open Keychain Access App

2. Type 'truekey' in the search box (make sure 'All Items' is selected)

3. Select the 5 items that are found

4. Right-click and select Delete 5 items

Let me know the results and you are able to login to True Key after that.

Thanks,

MarcD

• 4. Re: Something went wrong (Mac)
                chrislee

Hi MarcD-

I anxiously tried what you suggested (aside from the fact that I had 6 items and not 5 to remove), and still the same problem.

Thank you very much for the suggestion tho.

Chris

• 5. Re: Something went wrong (Mac)
                  chrislee

This was the response from Customer Support:

Dear Chris Lee,

Thank you for contacting McAfee Customer Service.

I understand that you are getting an error message "Something went wrong" when you login into your account, hence you need assistance in this regard.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with True Key on your device. I will be more than happy to help you.

In order to address your issue, we request you to download the latest version of True Key from www.truekey.com, then try to login into your account with the registered email address and Master password (also make sure that you have a stable Internet network). This may help you to resolve your issue.

Notes :

1. Verify that you typed your Master Password correctly. Your Master Password is case sensitive.

2. Manually type your Master Password. You cannot copy and paste your Master Password in the login field.

If still you are unable to login into your True Key, we request you to contact our free technical support team to look into this for you - I'd like to have our Technical Support Team to look in to this for you - they'll ask few details about your device set-up so they can look a little closer and get this addressed for you.

As much as I would love to assist you with your concern, I do apologize however, we in Customer Service are not trained to handle technical concerns. You can get in touch with our Technical Support Team using the following options for free of cost:

Option 1: You can Chat with one of our live technicians 24/7 by using the following link.

http://service.mcafee.com/ContactTechnicalSupport.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1

Note : Currently there is no Chat support for United Arab Emirates, so please select any other country if you use the above link to get connect with the free technical support through Chat.

Option 2: You can also talk to one of our Technicians by calling us on 80004441829. We are available from 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday.

The Service Request number for this issue is XXXXXXXXX. Please quote this number if you need to contact us with further questions.

Thank you for contacting McAfee Customer Service. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Suneetha M

McAfee Customer Service-Tier 1

Ps. Hate passwords? You’ll love this. www.truekey.com

• 6. Re: Something went wrong (Mac)
                    marcd

Hi Chrislee,

I will move our posts to a private discussion as some confidential information will be required from you in order to better troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,

MarcD

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Something went wrong (Mac)
                      selvan

Chris Lee wrote:

This was the response from Customer Support:

The Service Request number for this issue is XXXXXXXXX. Please quote this number if you need to contact us with further questions.

Hello Chris,

Am with Support and would like to clarify if you received the email with Service request number as "XXXXXXXXX"

• 8. Re: Something went wrong (Mac)
                        chrislee

LOL. I figured that displaying the actual service request number would be a bad idea

In the mean time, I'm still down and the situation is causing some pain for me. Thx.

• 9. Re: Something went wrong (Mac)
                          selvan

Chris Lee wrote:

LOL. I figured that displaying the actual service request number would be a bad idea

Not at all.

I will wait for further advice from our TrueKey expert marcd

1 2 Previous Next