This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
1) Stop epo services
2) Detach MSDE ePO database
3) Copy ePO4_%servername%.mdf and .ldf to new SQL 2005 Server
4) Attach database on new SQL 2005 Server
5) Start ePO services
6) on your epo server start IE and goto https:/eposerver:8443/core/config and change database settings
7) restart epo services
8) logon to epo console
9) Check setting under Network -> epo Server
10) if all is correct deinstall MSDE
Thank you Metalhead, i will try first in an test environment and if it's ok, try to do that on my production servers.
I tried the process that metalhead gives me, it's ok until i have to modify the parameters on the /core/config webpage.
I specify the name of the sql server, the name of the instance, i let the port by default (do i have to change it ?!), i put the login/pass and when i clic to test the connection, i have an error that tells me that he cannot communicate with "the_name_of_sql_server" :
Echec du test : Unable to get information from SQL Server: NAMEOFSQLSERVER.
Does anybody can help me please ?
Thanks in advance.
Probably you enter incorrect instance name. Try to use sqlping.exe to find correct one.
Also check the user, need to have "dbo" permissions for ePO database.
Thanks You Guest12 for the software SQLping, it's very usefull
my problem was like you said an instance name problem
Now it's ok, thanks ! happy