6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2008 4:26 AM by tonyb99

Epo 3.6.1 remove clients that haven't been contacted in the last 3 month ??

greetings from denmark.
      I just want to know if it is possible to run a query for all epo clients that havent been contacted the last 3 month and then remove them from the data base? if yes, how do I do that?

thaks :)
      /John
        • 1. RE: Epo 3.6.1 remove clients that haven't been contacted in the last 3 month ??
          twenden
          To do this you will need to follow the steps below:

1. Go to your servername in the EPO directory (will be at the top level).
          2. Click the "scheduled tasks" tab.
          3. Select "create task".
          4. Under "Task Type" select "Inactive agent Maintenance".
          5. Select the time schedule, whether you want it daily, weekly etc.
          6. You will see a field called "period of inactivity". For 3 months, I would put 90 days.
          7. Under "Action to perform" select "delete" if you want them removed.

Note, it does not uninstall the EPO Agent but just removed from your EPO directory. These systems will re-show up when they get turned back on.

In our environment, I prefer not to delete but instead select "move" and put them into the lost&found bucket. I run this daily and check for systems that have not communicated in 20 days. We then check these systems against "Arpwatch" and see if they have communicated since then. This has help us caught systems, that look like they are turned off, but are having issues with the EPO agent etc.

Hope this helps.
          • 2. Thanks alot!!
            wink that sure helped! you are the man!! ... happy wierd place mcafee have put that function!.
            • 3. How to make Inactive Agents join the groups a gain
              Hi twenden !
              I created a Inactive Agent task, and it did well.
              It move some computer into Inactive site.
              But when I turn on the inactive computer again, it connects to ePO server.
              However it can't join again in last group which it was been.
              How can I make it auto join to the group from last time it was.
              Thanks!

• 4. RE: How to make Inactive Agents join the groups a gain
                tonyb99

Do you not use IP filtering to move agents into the appropriate groups?
                (you enter an IP mask on the group properties and when you get new connected agents its filtered into that group automatically)

PS if you are just looking for a quick and dirty removal you use the directory search for "inactive epolicy orchestrator agents" and then select and remove. As before they will come back if the agent is still active (as long as you dont use the remove agent function which may decide to remove the agent from some that are running but just havnt connected in yet) This search works best with lots of wakeup calls
                • 5. RE: How to make Inactive Agents join the groups a gain
                  I use IP filtering to mo agent into the groups. e.g: Groups Market has IP range 192.168.16.10-192.168.16.50/24 . PC1 has ip 192.168.16.10/24 and be installed agent.
                  I turn it off some day and run task Inactive Agent in ePO server. PC1 has moved to Inactive site. then I turn on PC1, run connect to sever again. But it not move to Group Market, it's still in Inactive site.
                  Have any ideas for me?
                  Thanks

• 6. RE: How to make Inactive Agents join the groups a gain
                    tonyb99
                    if you clear the entry and then create a placeholder with that name and wake it up does it move to the correct group?