1 2 Previous Next 14 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2016 12:31 PM by Peter M

Remote Access

bigcat1

I make this post with no reservations & a great deal of disbelief.

Wile on a tech support problem with my "True Key"  using a remote control

access with an off shore "tech" agent they attempted to access my banking information in the "True Key" app before I could cut them off.

This blatant disregard for my trust & security will end my new customer relationship with McAfee.

This post will undoubtedly be removed shortly by the McAfee staff.

I make no claim as to there intentions for doing this.

• 1. Re: Remote Access
          catdaddy

I can assure you that McAfee has no intention,or need to access your personal information. Are you for certain this was not a 'Fake Technical Support' Company. Their are many out there claiming to be. Could you kindly provide the Number in which you called?

Https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact   McAfee provides safe reliable (Free) support on it's products which have a 'Active Subscription'.

In addition, Please read the following,

https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/consumer_support_feedback/blog/2014/ 06/05/dont-fall-prey-to-non-mcafee-support-offers

Cliff

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Remote Access
            catdaddy

Moved to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

By Moderator

• 3. Re: Remote Access
              Peter M

Uninstall any remote access application that person installed and try our support again as Catdaddy has linked.  They would never access personal information such as that.

I've used them many times myself.

Peter

• 4. Re: Remote Access
                bigcat1

Are you trying to tell me  that I did NOT see the web site (tech) clicked on & the sign-in info & start to load my banking info. Are you telling me I did not see this. As for your theory of not hooked to McAfee. First, I did NOT dial a number I was on your True Key site & clicked chat with. Also here is the " Service Request #: 2069390481".

So YES it did happen, thank you

• 5. Re: Remote Access
                  bigcat1

Do you REALLY know who you are talking to when your talking to "offshore" or for that matter in the US. But I think that is McAfee's business isn't it. It can happen by mistake or intentionally .

I am here to tell you what happened NOT to discredit YOUR company.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Remote Access
                    k3tg

Might be best to have the McAfee tech chime into this thread to sort out what is going on. Thanks for posting the service request number as that will save him from asking you for it.

Tom K3TG

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

• 7. Re: Remote Access
                      catdaddy

Sorry for my delay in responding, I am only attempting to assist you in regards to your issue. I will ask a Technician to kindly observe your Service Request #, and hopefully he can add to the discussion.

selvan  Could you kindly assist us in this matter?  Service Request #: 2069390481

• 8. Re: Remote Access
                        bigcat1

"They would never access personal information such as that.

I've used them many times myself "

I would ask you just one question; do you speak with the same tech each time you use them ?

• 9. Re: Remote Access
                          selvan

Hello Ed ( bigcat1 )

I reviewed the Remote Session (under SR 2069390481) that happened today morning and identified that the agent was opening the website to confirm if it Auto-login works as designed (obviously as part of the troubleshooting). Further the agent did not intentionally open the banking site instead clicked on Amazon's (1st attempt) that triggered a broken URL and hence chose a random website (2nd attempt) which turned out to be a Banking site (unfortunately).

I would like to confirm here that the site was closed immediately by you and the remote session was terminated within seconds. Hope this helps

Regards

selvan

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                          1 2 Previous Next