0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 1:59 PM by gph12

How to Fix UNC Install Error?

gph12

Hello,

I'm looking for help on an problem that seemed to affect McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise 5 years ago. We are having it now and the posted solutions aren't working for us.

We have a system where McAfee AV Enterprise stopped working properly. It's on Windows 2008 R2. We uninstalled McAfee AV but when we try to re-install it, it gets rolled back. It's version 8.8 patch 7. We've also tried previous patch versions.

We keep getting the error in the install log that "McAfee VirusScan Enterprise does not function if there are UNC shares included in the PATH environment variable" as described in the links below.

I found a workaround--installing via the command line with the bypass UNC check:   setupvse.exe BYPASSUNCCHECK=1  but I still get the error. I've checked the system variable and there are no UNC paths. Also tried isntalling from ePO server. I'd rebuild the OS if it wasn't one of our primary servers that is physical. 

Any suggestions on what else to check?

McAfee KnowledgeBase - VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 fails to install if there are UNC shares included in the PATH environmen…

Some workstation's failing to install Virusscan 8.8

Thanks,

Greg