4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2008 10:32 AM by Dvanmeter

System Compliance Profiler 2.0 and Mcafee agent 4.0.0.1180

Dvanmeter
      I think I have found and issue with Mcafee agent 4.0.0.1180. We upgraded our cma 3.6.0.574 agents to 4.0, then later we upgraded our EPO 3.6.1 server to EPO 4.0. I noticed no systems would update System Compliance Profiler from the current to the new version SCP 2.0. No error messages in the CMA task. I found I could not delete the System Compliance profiler folder on any systems when I use to have no problems doing so. The patchscan.dll and patchscan.log files were locked. If I stop the mcafee framework service, the files become unlocked and I can delete the folder, and on next checkin to the server the agent updates the system to SCP 2.0 with no problem. I have another company who just upgraded to EPO 4.0 but still had CMA 3.6.0.574 and they have no problems.
        • 1. Upgrading SCP 1.1 to SCP 2.0 in ePO 4.0
          David.G
          I've encountered the same problem: Any machine I upgraded from CMA 3.6 to MA 4.0 and had the old version of the System Compliance Profiler 1.1 did not upgrade to SCP 2.0.

I still have that issue and am looking for an easy solution.

Since I noticed that problem, I created an uninstall job on the ePO 3.6 to remove the SCP1.1 on all possible machines. When these are brought over to the ePO 4.0 server, they receive the SCP 2.0 without any issue.

Now I need to find a way to clean those first machines I did not remove the SCP before upgrading them to 4.0.... Any suggestion would be welcome.

Thanks.
          • 2. Try this script
            Dvanmeter
            I wrote this script and it seems to do the trick. It basically removes the EPO plugin information and the next time the system checks in it initiates an install of the newer version. If you have package deployment capabilities you could also do this that way or through a simple logon script that detects the version, then runs this script (replace the input name question box with a strComputer="."

I forgot to mention this lets you fix the host from your computer just by inputting the name or ip of the system. Make sure you have admin rights to the remote system.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
            const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002
            strComputer = (InputBox("Removes SCP 1.1 from Systems." & vbNewline & " " & vbNewline & "Requirements:" & vbNewline & "1. Access to WMI on remote system." & vbNewline & "2. You must be logged in locally with an account that has admin rights on the remote system." & vbNewline & "3: Zenworks is installed on the remote client." & vbNewline & " " & vbNewline & "Please enter a computer name or IP below:" ,_
            "SCP 1.1 Remove: Created by Daniel VanMeter"))

'if Cancel selected - exit
            If (strComputer = "") Then Wscript.Quit

Set oReg=GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" &_
            strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")

strKeyPath = "SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\PATCH___1100"

oReg.DeleteKey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, strKeyPath

WScript.echo "SCP 1.1 Remove successfully ran on " & strcomputer
            WSCript.Quit
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --
            • 3. RE: Try this script
              David.G
              Thanks Daniel.
              So If I got the just of it, all that's needed is to delete the registry key to trigger the installation of the 2.0 product, right? Also, would it then remove the old files and relocate the plugin to the McAfee branch?
              I'll give it some test and trial. Again, thanks a lot.
              • 4. RE: Try this script
                Dvanmeter
                Yeah, deleting the files, or deleting the reg key will prompt Mcafee to reinstall system compliance profiler which would be the latest. I find the reg key is the easiest. It just overwrites the old files with the new ones.