4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2016 10:39 AM by viberts2

Transfert computer from Epo 4.6 to Epo 5.3.2

viberts2

Hi

I have setup a new epolicy server 5.3.2 on my network, i have a old epolicy server 4.6.

How i can transfert the machines from 4.6 to 5.3.2

1. I try to forced installed new agent setup but the machine was managed by the two epolicy server.
      2. I check for do it with registred server  but i don't find information about DE 7.1 and général procedure

With registred server, i don't know if we can do by sucessive wave. Do a batch of machine and check if it's ok after do another batch.

What's the best way to transfert computer to the new server epo ?

• 1. Re: Transfert computer from Epo 4.6 to Epo 5.3.2
          PhilR

Easiest way is to run the ePO 5.3.2 migration wizard on the old ePO server, copy the created .zip file to the new, unpack with the migration tool and then install epo 5.3.2.

When I did it I shutdown and removed the old server from the domain, and brought up the new server with the same name and IP address before installing ePO 5.3.2.

Everything worked perfectly (including Drive Encryption).

If you have Drive Encryption on (some of) your client PCs, this is the easiest way to go.

Otherwise you'll need DE 7.1.3 and follow the procedures in the 7.1.3 documentation.

Cheers,

Phil

• 2. Re: Transfert computer from Epo 4.6 to Epo 5.3.2
            viberts2

Yes but i have already the new server setup done. And the server database was on another server (new one)  and the 4.6 was too old for do this with this manner.

Another prob is if i install the new agent on machine, it's managed on two epolicy server. In another thread, i explain my problem  with a registred server

for DE 7.1.3  How i can check this ?

• 3. Re: Transfert computer from Epo 4.6 to Epo 5.3.2
              PhilR

McAfee has good migration documents.

You've chosen to do it the hard way.

I sincerely hope that others can come to your rescue, otherwise it will be a call to McAfee support.

• 4. Re: Transfert computer from Epo 4.6 to Epo 5.3.2
                viberts2

A call with a technical staff of mcafee at the beginning of the migration was done. But the actual situation was the resulting of the stategy, he give me. so this team  tell me  that's the best way is do a new servers but i try save my working time.

The transfert machine with a server registred seem functionning.

A+