1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2016 9:07 AM by exbrit

False Artemis!EBA8C931E2BD

odaat
      This is a gauge for Microsoft Flight Simulator created by Flight 1 software called Flight 1 GTN 750.  This has been going on so long that the gauge shows an information dialog saying that this file was probably quarantined by your antivirus.

Please do whatever you have to do to whitelist this file:  gtnInterface.dll

Why in the world can't I have a whitelist for files I know to be ok?  Now I either have to keep the live scan turned off altogether (my solution right now) or remember to turn if off every time I run the MS Flight Simulator!  I'm sending another flight sim file in a separate email that also gets quarentined when it shouldn't. 

We need to have a way to white list files.  I'll use McAfee for the rest of my 1 year license, but then I'm going to find something better than this setup.

Thank you

• 1. Re: False Artemis!EBA8C931E2BD
          catdaddy

odaat,

I highly recommend to not leave your 'Real Time Scanner' turned off. Kindly follow these Guidelines/Instructions to resolve your issue. What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal

I might add, there is a feature with-in the software that allows you to exclude 'Files/Folders'. However until McAfee has deemed them to be safe , they will be detected. By submitting this application/program to McAfee Labs , they will be Analyzed/Processed. In the majority of cases especially (Game oriented) Minecraft/Steam usually get suppressed.

Wishing you all the Best,

Cliff

• 2. Re: False Artemis!EBA8C931E2BD
            catdaddy

odaat,

Please be informed that I have contacted a Engineer internally from McAfee Labs, on your behalf. Hopefully we will hear something soon.If you could provide a Analysis ID#, that would be most helpful as well.

All the Best,

Cliff/CD

• 3. Re: False Artemis!EBA8C931E2BD
              odaat

To answer your first reply, I submitted appeals at the same time I left the forum messages.  The site suggested I do both.  Regarding your second reply, I have no idea where I would find an Analysis ID# - surely I've supplied enough information to fix this.  This issue has been discussed in Flightsim forums for a few years.  I can't believe no one else has taken the time to submit an appeal.

Thank you for your help

PD

• 4. Re: False Artemis!EBA8C931E2BD
                catdaddy

Generally even after it has been Suppressed/Whitelisted, along comes a Newer Version which causes another detection. A lot of the Steam/Minecraft and other Applications as such get detected by other Anti-Virus Vendors as well.

Being a Holiday weekend, it may be Tuesday before we hear back. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Cliff

• 5. Re: False Artemis!EBA8C931E2BD
                  catdaddy

They indeed received my Escalation request. Your Ticket number is Ticket #: AM000596 - False Artemis

• 6. Re: False Artemis!EBA8C931E2BD
                    odaat

That's good to hear indeed.  Any chance of your elevating my other post that I wrote at the same time?

False Artemis!E1FD621AF13B

Thanks

• 7. Re: False Artemis!EBA8C931E2BD
                      catdaddy

See the other thread...Done.  I hope you found it to be 'Helpful'

• 8. Re: False Artemis!EBA8C931E2BD
                        catdaddy

odaat,

Please confirm that you no longer have any issues.

Hi Cliff,

The detection has been suppressed.

Regards,

Nick

All the Best,

Cliff

• 9. Re: False Artemis!EBA8C931E2BD
                          odaat

"Generally even after it has been Suppressed/Whitelisted, along comes a Newer Version which causes another detection. A lot of the Steam/Minecraft and other Applications as such get detected by other Anti-Virus Vendors as well."

Just one more reason to have the ability to suppress whatever I want to suppress on my own computer.  That should be my decision and I shouldn't have to appeal anything.

"I hope you found it to be 'Helpful' "

I assume from the quotes around helpful, you are fishing for me to push a thumbs up button, but it's a little odd to me.  Is there some value from McAfee for racking up 'helpful' clicks?  Seems like it would mean more to receive a thank you or a helpful click from someone who felt moved to write or click without being asked for it.  I know a compliment would mean nothing to me if I had to hint around to get it.

I think the whole process is wrong if someone takes the time to put in an official appeal that won't be looked at unless a forum moderator asks someone to look at it.  What happens to all the others who put in appeals and didn't post in the forums?

This whole episode has simply left a bad taste in my mouth for McAfee in general.  I paid a very inexpensive price for a year of this, so fortunately I won't feel bad if I decide just to uninstall.

Thank you for doing whatever you did to escalate my appeal, and please thank Nick for whatever he did to take care of this.  Please also ask him and others never to escalate one person's issues over another's based on a forum post.  We all deserve equal service on our appeals whether we've posted in the forums or not.  In fact most of the forum posts about False Artemis issues usually get the same answer:  file an official appeal.  I don't want to come of as mean-spirited;  I'm simply laying out some issues as I see them and hoping they may make it to people may care.

Regards

1 2 Previous Next