4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2017 9:05 AM by DocB

MID for VSE Patch 8

DocB

Good day,

Will the current MID work with VSE Patch 8 or do we need to wait for a new release?

Thanks,

DocB

• 1. Re: MID for VSE Patch 8
          wyle008

Hi DocB

According to kb51111 MID does not work with VSE 8.8 Patch 8.

McAfee Installation Designer
          The version structure for McAfee Installation Designer (MID) is parallel to that of VSE. Only the corresponding versions can be used together (Example: VSE 8.8 requires MID 8.8).

A new version of MID is usually released within two weeks after the corresponding VSE release date.

IMPORTANT:

• MID is not compatible with VSE 8.8 Patch 8. Compatibility is being planned for a future updated or release.
          • Installation of MID is supported on the same operating systems as VSE, but only on 32-bit systems.
          • You can deploy created packages to any platforms that are actually supported by VSE (32-bit and 64-bit systems).

kind regards

Wyle

• 2. Re: MID for VSE Patch 8
            giangi

I hope it will be finally released a 64bit MID, see Re: Mcafee Installation Designer 8.8 64bit?

• 3. Re: MID for VSE Patch 8
              PhilR

The full install package VSE880LMLRP8 has been reposted and is now MID-compatible.

McAfee KnowledgeBase - FAQs for the VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0 Patch 8 repost

The reposted package build number is 8.8.0.1599.  Patch 8 itself is not affected.

Cheers,

Phil

• 4. Re: MID for VSE Patch 8
                DocB

Good day,

I've attempted to use the posted update with the current MID, it still fails.  Opened a ticket in December about this problem, told by the techs a new MID would be released soon and that the 1599 repost did not fix all problems due to the ways the Agents worked.

Any update as to when the new MID will be released?  I keep checking weekly, but my management is now out of sorts about the continued delays.  While an MID for ENS may be bouncing around, I do not have any plans for an ENS migration until next year.

Thanks,

DocB