9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2008 9:35 AM by NetWarrior

Can not Access ePO Console

Hi there guys.

Do not know why, but I cannot acces to the ePO console anymore, nor locally or remote, the error it gives, just tells me to check password and lan conectivity.

Can someone tell me which steps to follow, what to check and how, or point me to a paper for further reading?

I restarted the server.
      I Restarted the services from control panel.
      Sql Is running.

Thanks for your time and suppport.
        • 1. RE: Can not Access ePO Console
          are you getting something like this?

Log On to [ ? ]

User name: *
          Password: *
          Language:

Copyright 2008 McAfee, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

GROUPSHD6000 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          scp - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          AvertAlerts - Dependency scheduler had initialization error
          LYNXSHLDPARSER - Dependency core had initialization error
          GSD7REPORTS - Dependency core had initialization error
          SPAMKILR2100 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          VIRUSCANREPORTS - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          Notifications - Dependency PolicyMgmt had initialization error
          VIREXREPORTS - Dependency core had initialization error
          remote - Dependency core had initialization error
          SITEADV_1500 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          EPOCore - Dependency scheduler had initialization error
          help - Dependency core had initialization error
          SMDWIN__7000 - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error
          VIREXUB_8500 - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error
          LYNXSHLD1300 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          EPOAGENT3000MACX - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          NSHLDNW_4600 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          EPOAGENTMETA - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error
          scheduler - Dependency console had initialization error
          LYNXSHLD1400 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          EPOAGENT3000LYNX - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          VIREX___7700 - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error
          EPOAGENT2000NVNW - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          ComputerMgmt - Dependency scheduler had initialization error
          LYNXSHLD1500 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          PolicyMgmt - Dependency scheduler had initialization error
          console - Dependency core had initialization error
          VIRUSCAN8600 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          VIRUSCAN8000 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error
          SKE2REPORTS - Dependency core had initialization error
          RepositoryMgmt - Dependency scheduler had initialization error
          rs - Dependency console had initialization error
          core - Error creating bean with name 'core.db' defined in URL [jndi:/localhost/core/WEB-INF/beans.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.Database]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
          GSE6REPORTS - Dependency core had initialization error
          CommonEvents - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error
          • 2. RE: Can not Access ePO Console
            NO, just the complain about that, something is wrong with the user/password , the connectivity and that cannot connect to the port.

I'm using 3.6.1

Thanks you, very kind of you.

• 3. RE: Can not Access ePO Console
              tonyb99
              what patch level of 3.6.1?
              what patch level of the server OS? (eg win2003sp2 isnt compat with 3.6/3.6.1(unpatched))
              have you added the http and https server names with ports to the ie browser?
              can you post the console.log from within the EPO installation as this will show the exact issue in most cases?
              • 4. RE: Can not Access ePO Console
                Hi tony.

This is what I've got in console.log
                20080616104816 I #468 ePO Console AVIView Initialized
                20080616104822 I #1620 ePO Console Calling CoInitialize in WorkerThread
                20080616104822 I #1620 McUpload Start http session login...
                20080616104822 I #1620 McUpload Successfully disabled CA trust options.
                20080616104823 I #1620 McUpload End http session login, status=404
                20080616104823 E #1620 Console Failed to download server.ini file, err=404
                20080616104823 I #1620 ePO Console Calling CoUninitialize in WorkerThread
                20080616104831 I #1620 ePO Console Calling CoInitialize in WorkerThread
                20080616104831 I #1620 McUpload Start http session login...
                20080616104831 I #1620 McUpload Successfully disabled CA trust options.
                20080616104831 I #1620 McUpload End http session login, status=404
                20080616104831 E #1620 Console Failed to download server.ini file, err=404
                20080616104831 I #1620 ePO Console Calling CoUninitialize in WorkerThread

If I remeber well, I'm using 3.6.1.220

Thanks you for your time and support.

• 6. RE: Can not Access ePO Console
                  Thanks you tony, I've already read this, I've got a w2k server SP4
                  Making a research in the forum a found this article.

https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&exte rnalId=613370&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=32746092&stateId=1%200%2032740486

Which seems to be my problem.
                  Now, the thing that I tried localy on the server was to crate a low security risk policy adding tomcat.exe
                  and also I added the rest of the binaries in the bin directory just in case, but that did not work out.

Now, I've got a policy that denies the stop of the mcafee process execution, so I cannot, from the control panel, stop the mcshield process to try if disbling that I can log to the console.

Is there another way to overrride that?, do I have to remove Vscan 85.i temporally to test that?

Thanks in advance, very kind of you.

This is my tomcat log.

El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado
                  Translated to english - The system cannot find the file specfied.

----- Root Cause -----
                  java.util.zip.ZipException: El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado
                  at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
                  at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:111)
                  at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:127)
                  at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.<init>(URLJarFile.java:51)
                  at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile$1.run(URLJarFile.java:178)
                  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                  at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.retrieve(URLJarFile.java:164)
                  at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.getJarFile(URLJarFile.java:42)
                  at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarFileFactory.get(JarFileFactory.java:78)
                  at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.connect(JarURLConnection.java:85)
                  at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.getJarFile(JarURLConnection.java:69)
                  at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:906)
                  at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScan(ContextConfig.java:868)
                  at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:647)
                  at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:243 )
                  at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.j ava:166)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3587)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:821)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java :307)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:788)
                  at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:559)
                  at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:401)
                  at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:718)
                  at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:358)
                  at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.j ava:166)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:754)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:363)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
                  at org.apache.catalina.startup.CatalinaService.start(CatalinaService.java:273)
                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.ja va:25)
                  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
                  at org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.start(BootstrapService.java:245)
                  at org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java:307)

2008-06-13 04:05:30 ContextConfig[/webui]: Marking this application unavailable due to previous error(s)
                  2008-06-13 04:05:30 StandardManager[/webui]: Seeding random number generator class java.security.SecureRandom
                  2008-06-13 04:05:30 StandardManager[/webui]: Seeding of random number generator has been completed
                  2008-06-13 04:05:30 StandardContext[/webui]: Context startup failed due to previous errors

• 7. RE: Can not Access ePO Console
                    tonyb99
                    So if you disable mcshield can you login to EPO?
                    • 8. RE: Can not Access ePO Console
                      Hi.
                      Well, last night I gave specifics orders to restart the server ( critical server ) with the service McShield changed from automatically to manual, today I was told that they could log in to the console.

Now, I'll have to workn on the policies to see if I can make work addin tomcat.exe to the low risk process, cuz by now the server is without protection.

I'll tell you later how I solve it, if I can.

What realy worries me is, the cause of this, what could lead to
                      this behavior, an audit revealed that no patch were applied to the server nor other kind of updates.

Thanks you.

• 9. RE: Can not Access ePO Console
                        Well.

Adding tomcat.exe by policy as a low risk process did the trick, trying to do that locally on the server itselfs did not help the first time.

Thanks.