2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2016 2:56 PM by bdubya

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Ent. 8.8  Lifespan

vecon

I don't see this product is listed for purchase on McAfee website anymore "McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Ent." (which we are using on our servers) and we are building app services depends on McAfee engine.

I see this product instead "Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB"

I wonder if "McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Ent." won't be supported soon? If so, when?

Is "Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB" meant to be a "replacement" for  "McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Ent." (if it's planned to end support some time in the future)?

Just want to know things ahead of time so we can make better plan moving forward....

• 1. Re: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Ent. 8.8  Lifespan
          Peter M

Moved to VSE to expedite a response

---

Peter

• 2. Re: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Ent. 8.8  Lifespan
            bdubya

Endpoint Security 10 (10.2 is latest at the moment) is replacing VSE 8.8.  Don't know exactly when VSE 8.8 will be End of Sale/End of Support/End of Life, maybe your McAfee (sorry...Intel) sales/account manager will be able to let you know that closely guarded nugget, but it's probably worth starting the ball rolling on ENS, or at the very least getting the pre-requisites for upgrade covered now.

For VSE 8.7 - it was RTW from about 2008/2009-ish(?) until EoSale Jun 30 2015/EoL 31 Dec 2015.  VSE 8.8 was RTW Jan 2011 and ENS 10 was RTW Sept 2014. My *guess* (and this is really a guess) is VSE 8.8 will be kicking around until end 2017, or 2018 if we're lucky. Insert usual caveat on past events are no indication of future events. Personally, I'm expecting end 2017.

The website, I suspect, is mostly for non-Corporate customers, so may not necessarily indicate that it's hit End of Sale date.

End of Life policy says support goes for 1 year past end of sale date (which afaik hasn't been announced for VSE 8.8 yet). In their EOL policy "Is Custom Software Support available after the Full Service Support End Date?" Answer: "At McAfee's discretion". In other words: "Show them the $$$!" and you can probably go beyond that date. ;-)

Intel Security Product & Technology Support Lifecycle – End of Life (EOL) – End of Support | Intel Security