6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2016 4:18 PM by ma9004

installed virus scanner unvailable

ma9004

hi all,

i have finished to intall msms v3.5 on our sharepoint farm

msms is installed on wfe (we have two wfe)

on one of the wfe , we get this error when trying to upload document :

reboot server does not solve.

thanks in advance for your advices.

• 1. Re: installed virus scanner unvailable

Are there errors relat to this in event log or in the MSMS product log (interface - settings & diags - product log)

If you look in Task manager there should be a process called "PsPickerx64Srv.exe"  is this running with an account that has access to the SQL Database??

If not using an account with access or running with system account the OAS may not be working.

You can change the account details using SetSQLAct.exe

Run cmd prompt with full admin

cd down to <msms install folder>\bin 

run

SetSqlAct.exe /USER=<username> /PASSWORD=<password> /DOMAIN=<domain>

You may want to test with Farm Admin first. You can change the account at any time using same tool.

Ensure again in task manager that the PsPickerx64srv is changed user - if not try stopping the service - ensure the process shuts down and then restarting service.

• 2. Re: installed virus scanner unvailable
            ma9004

hi Aidan,

No trace log in event log
            No trace log in msms log

"PsPickerx64Srv.exe" is runing with farm credentials.

• 3. Re: installed virus scanner unvailable

Is it reproducible with any files or specific file(s) only??

Maybe you could consider

Stop McAfee Portalshield Service in services applet

Check task manager ensure following processes leave task manager or kill if they remain :-

safeservice.exe, rpcserv.exe(2), postgres.exe (several) & PsPickerx64Srv.exe

Set up debug logs in regist (or in ePO) - as service is not running local interface will be unavailable - use local folder such as c:\mcafee\debug

McAfee KnowledgeBase - How to enable Security for SharePoint diagnostic logging

Start Service again - ensure the processes listed all rturn to Task Manager.

Perform upload of file that causes issue.

Stop logging

Open a case with support supply MER and debug logs

Also report any issue encountered - such like some processes did not dies from task manager or did not return on service restart.

• 4. Re: installed virus scanner unvailable
                ma9004

Hi aidan

That was reproduced with any file !

I decided (before reading your reply) to re-start installation of MSMS3.5 on that server.

So i uninstall MSMS3.5 via windows control panel programs & feature

i then install MSMS3.5 using setup.exe

Now i blocked on this :

• 5. Re: installed virus scanner unvailable

When you deinstalled - did this leave behind the original install folder - default is c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\mcafee portalshield\

If you have other mcafee products install you probabl need c:\program files (x86)\mcafee

Make sure the old folder structure is removed for msms  looks like is failing to write to <install folder>\bin

• 6. Re: installed virus scanner unvailable
                    ma9004

done by deleting <install folder>\bin and registry hlm\software\wow64\mcafee\portalshiel

re-install successed