5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2017 7:01 AM by catdaddy

Browsers in True Key

mjones68

Can I changer my browser in True Key back to Firefox?  It now defaults to IE when logging on to a userid.

• 1. Re: Browsers in True Key
          exbrit

I moved this to True Key for better attention.

Note Technical Support is free of charge.

Contact Support

---

Peter

• 2. Re: Browsers in True Key
            dougk_t3

Choosing the default web browser is a browser setting and has nothing to do with True Key per se (other than when you click on a True Key login, it opens the login in the default browser).

In my Firefox (v 48.0), I see the setting in the menu (the "hamburger" icon at the top right) and choose Options.  In the General tab, click the "Make Default" button at the top right corner. 

HTH

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Browsers in True Key
              mjones68

Thanks for suggestion.  I can confirm that Firefox is my default browser.  Until a few weeks if I logged, via True Key, it would always load my Firefox browser.  I should be on the latest version on Firefox and have used it for many years.  Is the latest version of Firefox compatable with True Key?    

• 4. Re: Browsers in True Key
                dougk_t3

To answer your question, True Key is compatible with the latest Firefox  (I'm writing this reply on Firefox 48.0 on which I signed into via True Key 4.4.129.1).

First, I did have to change Firefox to be my default (it's usually Chrome on this Win 8.1 machine).

Important: when I clicked the Make Default button that I mentioned before, I had to make selections on  another screen that Firefox presented to change HTTP and HTTPs to open in Firefox and then click Save.   Then it opened the link for this thread in Firefox, which then allowed me to log in using True Key.

HTH

• 5. Re: Browsers in True Key
                  catdaddy

Marking this discussion as 'Correctly Answered' locking it. Due to no further feedback.