5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2016 11:10 AM by catdaddy

Third Party Software Verification Problem

danfree

I am trying to verify a third party software. Support thinks that it is a low level security software problem.

A couple of things were suggested.

Pause LiveSafe while the program verifies itself. Is this possible? How do you do it?

The other idea was to whitelist the program/website. Is this possible? How do you do it?

• 1. Re: Third Party Software Verification Problem
          catdaddy

danfree,

You can try (Excluding) the file/program by going to Navigation/Sheduled Scan/Excluded files and folders. I might add that I do not recommend disabling your Real Time Scanning.

Cliff

• 2. Re: Third Party Software Verification Problem
            danfree

Thank for the suggestion. The program that I am trying to run is a keyword researcher program. It looks to the website to verify my email as a paid purchaser. For some reason it is not able to do this.

Follow your advise, I got the following message:

You cannot exclude this item because it's a critical system file or folder. Excluding this item can cause a serious security problem on your PC.

Learn more.

Clicking on the "Learn more" gives a Server Error - 404 - File or directory not found.

For a company as such a McAfee, a recognized leader in the PC security business, I am getting a lot of 404 - File or directory not found errors on their website.

It almost makes me think that this company is having some serious problems and does not have the staff to adequately manage their business.

• 3. Re: Third Party Software Verification Problem
              catdaddy

danfree,

If I may, What OS are you running? You mentioned Support, can you kindly provide the Service Request Number please. Perhaps one of our Resident High Tier Tech 2.5 can add to the discussion. I am uncertain of his on and off hours though.

selvan  Could you kindly assist this user?

Regards,

Cliff

• 4. Re: Third Party Software Verification Problem
                danfree

I am running Win 10 on a Dell that is about 2 months old. It came with McAfee LiveSafe installed.

The program I am having problems with is Keyword Researcher Pro. I have been communicating with their support through Email.

I have to go in a few minutes so I won't be able to work on this problem for about 5 hours.

Thanks for you quick response.

• 5. Re: Third Party Software Verification Problem
                  catdaddy

You can always contact McAfee Technical Support by Phone/Online Chat which is most quickest.

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

You might try Toggling off 'Net Guard' in your Firewall also, and see if you are capable of connecting to the program if you are certain it is safe.

Open Firewall/Internet Connections for Programs/Click on the Program/Add or Edit/Turn Off