3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2016 6:00 AM by tkinkead

TIE/DXL 2.2.0.205- Setup Query

syedali

Hi All,

I would like to know i have deployed DXL client 2.2.0.205 to the endpoint and The DXL shows as connected in the Mcafee agent window. Do i also need to deploy TIE VSE module 1.0.1.140, when i deployed TIE VSE module post DXL client deployment the task shows

completed but i dont get to see the TIE VSE module in the mcafee agent about window ? Am i missing here something i went through the product guide but it doesnt say much on Deploying the TIE VSe module post DXL client deployment. I would really appreciate if someone could

advice me on what do i got to do ?

In addition to the above query i would also want to know in the TIE management policy i see Advance threat detection server https://server/port >> Does this imply the TIE server ? or a different server address altogether.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ali

• 1. Re: TIE/DXL 2.2.0.205- Setup Query
          tkinkead

It might help to see your deployment task.  What versions of VSE and Agent do you have deployed?

The Advanced Threat Detection server is a separate product.  It's a malware detonation sandbox that works directly with TIE to classify executable files.  If you don't have an ATD server, you should not configure one here in the TIE config.

• 2. Re: TIE/DXL 2.2.0.205- Setup Query
            syedali

Hello,

I have pushed agent 5.0.3 i believe as per the product doc the agent version should be 5.x . Do i also need to push VSE 8.8 along with TIE module for VSE to the endpoint systems ?

Endpoint systems: VSE 8.8 + TIE module for VSE + DXL client ? is this what goes in to the client systems ?

Thanks,

Syed

• 3. Re: TIE/DXL 2.2.0.205- Setup Query
              tkinkead

Oh yes.  TIE module for VSE requires VSE.  It's a module for VSE, so VSE needs to be installed first.

TIE for VSE only supports VSE 8.8 Patch 5 and up (or Patch 4 with a specific hotfix).