1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 14, 2016 10:20 AM by Peter M Branched from an earlier discussion.

Problem - Software Wont Switch On

jamesaa1948

I reinstalled my McAfee product this morning as I have been getting a lot of messages stating I have a number of virus'. Once completed it is showing that McAfee is not switch on and it is not allowing me to. Only  Defender is switched on .  I am not a computer nerd so really need some help with this on my Dell laptop which is only a couple of months old.  The Tel # given to call for help puts me in touch with so called licensed people but they want to charge over $150 to fix .

• 1. Re: Problem - Software Wont Switch On
          Peter M

I gave you your own thread and re-titled it as your problem is slightly different from where you originally posted.

The Tel # given to call for help puts me in touch with so called licensed people but they want to charge over $150 to fix .

What phone number, given where?    Technical Support is free, however Virus Removal support and Techmaster complete coverage services are chargeable.

If you got warnings you had viruses try running GetSusp linked in the last link below and while you are there you may as well run MalwareBytes Free also linked farther down under Free 3rd Party Tools.   (Note the instructions carefully on keeping it free of charge).

Then run the Virtual Technician to see if it finds and fixes problems:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If all else fails free Technical Support is available see the other link below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
          Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
          I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
          Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Contact Support

Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools