4 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2008 9:29 AM by tonyb99

Agent not being installed on client machines

Hey all,

I am running epo 4.0 build 1015 and we are having trouble with new machines being added. I can run an AD sync and it will find all the new machine and then when we deploy the agent through the epo console it pops up on the client machine showing it install but then after a day or so the shield never shows up in the tray. It looks like everything should work, but for whatever reason it isn't being installed correctly? One really strange thing however is that I just built a couple new servers and did the exact same thing with them and they installed just fine... Weird that it seems to only be happening with desktops. Only difference in the setup is basically the OS. Any ideas??
        • 1. RE: Agent not being installed on client machines
          tonyb99
          so..

you are push installing from the directory to workstations?

have you checked the rights?

what do you mean the "it pops up on the client machine showing it install" ?are you not suppressing the install GUI during agent push, if not then i would advise you do.

What OS are we talking on the worktstations? XP/vista? what patch?

do the workstations show evidence of the agent being installed (the install folders and running frameworkservice)?

Do you have the agent icon enabled in policy for workstations aswell as servers?
          • 2. RE: Agent not being installed on client machines
            On the test machines I am using I do not suppress the install, I want to see that it is working. It installs the mcafee framework service and installs the files into C:\Program Files\Mcafee\Common Framework. We are running Windows XP Pro SP2, the servers are running Windows Server 2003 R2 Sp2. The agent is working on the older machines with the shield and everything so I'm assuming it's turned on for both the desktop and the servers. Where do I find that in the epo?
            • 3. RE: Agent not being installed on client machines
              tonyb99
              systems
              policy catalogue
              mcafee agent
              general
              edit
              general options
              show mcafee system tray icon
              • 4. RE: Agent not being installed on client machines
                tonyb99
                so on the machines that dont show the M, but have the service running and hav ethe file sinstalled.

Can you connect to the machine on the http:%machinename%: agent to server port
                if you bring up the agent GUI through cmdagent /s from the run command whats going on there?