4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2016 1:15 AM by cds

MWG Avira update failed with "Broken version identifier ..."

cds

Hi

we have a webagteway (version 7.5.2.8.0) which shows the following erros since 13.06. 2016.

But the errors are only shown in one node of the Proxy HA cluster. The other node apperently gets the updates without any problems.

Can anybody tell me if this is aknown bug or what is wrong?

• 1. Re: MWG Avira update failed with "Broken version identifier ..."
          asabban

Can you check the update.log of the affected node and send me an update ID or your license ID so I have a chance to find your request in our logs?

Best,

Andre

• 2. Re: MWG Avira update failed with "Broken version identifier ..."
            cds

Hi asabban

what exactly do you need from the update.log?

Searching for the "Broken Version" string in the log results in, for example, this entry

Node 564DC165-FA67-E5B4-1D40-3D02B797852E (webgateway-vm5) has following update information:

[2016-06-16 00:54:34.945 +02:00] Product-Name:McAfee Gateway Anti-Malware

[2016-06-16 00:54:34.945 +02:00] Version:AM-DAT=5074|AM-Engine=7001.1403.1972|MFE-DAT=8195|MFE-Engine=5800|PLATF ORM=x64

[2016-06-16 00:54:34.945 +02:00] Broken-Version:AM-DAT=5076|AM-Engine=7001.1403.1972|MFE-DAT=8197|MFE-Engine=580 0|PLATFORM=x64

I couldn't find your mail adress or a way to send you a private message for the license ID of this MWG.

• 3. Re: MWG Avira update failed with "Broken version identifier ..."
              asabban

Hello,

I have found the requests in the server side log files. From what I can see there is no problem with the update patters you got, there is no hint about wrong checksums etc. The only error message that is reported to us is "Engine not started", which - unfortunately - is not very helpful. The problem seems to exist for both Avira and Gateway Anti-Malware.

I would recommend to

- try a reboot of the virtual machine

- try deleting all existing pattern/engines from the folders on the file system and then perform an update again to get rid of all the old data

For better visibility it is probably the best idea to file an SR with support and send them a feedback of the affected machine so we can have a look into all the log files and see if there is any pointer what the problem is. If you want you can contact me directly, just pick firstname dot lastname at intel dot com :-)

Best,

Andre

• 4. Re: MWG Avira update failed with "Broken version identifier ..."
                cds

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know the problem is solved.

A reboot of the appliance and and manual triggered update of the AV Engines did the trick.

Thanks for your help.

with regards

Chris