0 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2008 12:21 AM by Ganeshen

EPO Update Process Error.

Hello All,

We are using EPO 3.6.0 with VSE 8.5i & CMA 3.6.0.453.

There are two issue we are facing consistently:

A. DAT Update Task gives an error frequently. The Error is:

Job Paused, waiting for pull task to complete.

I have checked & there are no such pull tasks configured. Every second day I have to take a reboot of the EPO server in order to get the DAT update task running.

How do I resolve this update issue?

B.null We were facing sql server connectivity issue once. Although I resolved it (a logon credential issue); I found that CfgNaiMs.Exe showed a different EPO SQL Server epoB. This server is a new server which was configured for a different physical site of our office. I tried changing it to localhost, changed the Administrator & Reviewer logon credentials in the second tab of McAfee EPO Server Configuration but the following error appears:

The administrator account you have entered could not be validated. This is possible due to an invalid user name or password, or an invalid SQL server. Do you wish to continue saving anyway?

Similarly, when I tried changing the EPO SQL server to 'localhost', I received the following error:

The SQL Server you have entered could not be validated. This is possible due to an invalid SQL Server name, database name, or an invalid administrator account. Do you wish to continue saving anyway?

Strangely, our local EPO SQL Server contains the correct information of EPO state - sites, groups, connected hosts, inactive hosts!!!

Please suggest if I need to change the SQL Server name in this scenario and how to resolve these errors in order to do so.

Any inputs would be helpful.

Thanks.