This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
Default group admin has not got the rights, have you tried altering the permission set for mcafee agent to allow them to alter this aswell.
I have created a new user and a new permission set in order to have a fresh start. I have given every possible right about every option to this permission set which contains my new user. I still got the "unexpected error" in the web interface, and orion.log gives me : The current user 'test' does not have permission to access task types for ProdID=EPOAGENT3000LYNX. Is there some other place I need to go to give permissions? By the way I'm using the French version of ePO if that matters.
you could remove/readd the agent for linux extension
I'd do readd first as im not sure whether removing it will delete the extension file held here: Program Files\Network Associates\ePO\Extensions
I am also having this problem. Here is what is in out orion.log
2008-05-22 11:05:45,573 ERROR [http-8443-Processor19] [/PolicyMgmt].[PolicyMgmt] - Servlet.service() for servlet PolicyMgmt threw exception
com.mcafee.epo.core.EpoPermissionException: The current user 'webbg' does not have permission to access task types for ProdID=EPOAGENT3000MACX
Any ideas on resolving this?
Here's a follow-up on my situation :
I have removed and re-added the ePO Agent for Linux extension, and tried to access the client task page again. I got a new error message in orion.log about ePO Agent for Mac... I did the same operation over and over again until I reinstalled all the extensions, as the log would give me a different error each time. I also had to reset the permissions to give access. Then the error message was the same as the beginning, about EPOAGENTMETA. This is the actual "Mcafee Agent" right ? I keep uninstalling / reinstalling / giving full permissions, the same error always comes back.
Also, during my tests I mistakenly removed the "MyAvert Security Threats" extension, and I can't find the ZIP file to reinstall it. Which one would that be ?
I'm replying to myself here to warn you if you try what I did... When you reinstall an extension, you lose all your strategies !! I have to recover the database from the last backup, I hope there won't be any problems.
This is a know problem with the Patch 1. :(
We currently have an opened case at McAfee Support
McAfee Maniac posted an announcement about Patch 2 which will be released next month, it seems to fix the bug :
Issue: When accessing the "Systems/Client Tasks" tab of the ePolicy Orchestrator console, users without Administrator rights receive the error "An unexpected Error has Occurred." (Reference:360915, 400549)
Resolution: Users without Administrator rights can now access the "Systems/Client Tasks" tab.