2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2017 12:26 PM by dgeronik

Speed issues with Epo Cloud 5.7 and Client version 10.1.1.1204

silpion

Hi All,

We have recently moved our network of 60 users and 10 servers from McAfee SaaS to EPO cloud as we were advised that SaaS was being discontinued. Since moving most of our users have experienced big slow down issues and software crashes at start up and at various points during the day. I have contact supported every other day for the last month or so to try and resolve the issue but i thought i create a post to see if anyone had any ideas or help. For the first couple of weeks McAfee admitted a general issue with speed as outlined in the following KB - McAfee KnowledgeBase - Computer is slow after installing Endpoint Security we have put in the work around and have upgraded all clients to version 10.1.1.1204 as this was meant to fix the known speed issues.

Since then with McAfee support we also implemented the following changes to the McAfee on access scan for all machines.

- Unticked the scan on startup option in the policy

- Changed skip files after 45 seconds to 10seconds.

- Unticked scan boot sectors

- Changed McAfee GTI to Very Low

- Changed Process setting to Low risk for all items listed. McAfee Support said this is the recommendation anyway, even though the default has these all set to high risk.

- Set the on-demand scan to only run once a week and a more intensive scan to run once a month

Not every machine has the same level of issue, my machine slows down in Outlook for 7seconds and then carry's on and the application doesn't crash. The specifications of the machines with the issue are;

- Intel i3, 4GB Ram, HDD size is around 250GB, Windows 7 x32, Office 2007 SP2.

The computers that have less of an issue are newer and have the following spec

- Intel i5, 8GB Ram, HDD is around 250GB Hybrid, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 x64, Office 2007 or Office 2010.

We also uninstalled McAfee Epo from one of the worst hit machines and so far after a day and half of testing there has been no slowdowns or crashes.

Any thoughts are welcomed and if you require any information please let me know,

Thanks,
      Rich