5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2016 7:20 AM by stm256

Unable to access a site

r.varela

hi

Suddenly I cannot access the Gateway interfase in the PCs that has the proxy configured. It's weird because I believe I didn't change any rule for it.

Anyway, I've added it to Global Whitelist, in order to get it running, but still cannot access. I'm getting a Error Status 502, but not an error message from

McAfee itself, like this pages says: Examining HTTP 502 statuses returned by McAfee Web Gateway

I can connect to the interfase in the same machine, with Firefox without proxy, where Internet Explorer does not work with proxy configured.

Means "Page cannot be displayed" in spanish.

Any ideas?

regards

• 1. Re: Unable to access a site
          mikrotik

Hi,

I think you need to allow ports for accessing web console. Please find the attached picture.

Also did you try port 4711 instead of using 4712?

Thank You!

• 2. Re: Unable to access a site
            r.varela

hi

I already have it enabled. It's 4712, because I can access in the same PC with a browser without proxy configured.

regards

Ricardo

• 3. Re: Re: Unable to access a site
              mikrotik

Hi,

I have faced that issue but don't know what did i do to fix this.

I am also having same problem with port 4711 and 4712.

Let see what other says.

Thank You!

• 4. Re: Re: Unable to access a site
                r.varela

But there's a difference between your problem and mine. You see an error message from the Gateway, "Cannot connect". I do not. The error I see is from Internet Explorer, meaning that in some

way it leaves the Gateway correctly. This can be seen in the "green arrow" in the rule "Global Whitelist".

I've tried the tcpdumps suggested in the article from McAFee KB, and I see some Resets, but also SYNs. And because my problem is with the Console itself, it's hard to read the logs (at least

for my basic knowledge of TCP packages).

• 5. Re: Unable to access a site
                  stm256

Hi,

In your case i think it's your local firewall/router who reset's the connection. Because i guess there is a firewall or router involved, towards you are sending this request.

However i have no knowledge in how MWG treats this request, for instance if it's doing a forward route lookup and see's , ah this is for me. Instead of just sending it towards the default route (firewall/router).

In the packet capture you took, you could look at the source MAC-address of the reset packet in order to find out which device who sent it.

Regards,

Simon