3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 8:58 AM by peter.mason

java.sql.SQLException: Unable to read database:

unrival

Hello

I set Database tuning schedule for McAfee IDS every Saturdays but this is what kind of alarm i receive:

java.sql.SQLException: Unable to read database:

Please help me to fix this issue, thanks.

• 1. Re: java.sql.SQLException: Unable to read database:
          peter.mason

Hi Benjamin,

Where are you seeing this fault? Is it on the manager or from the ems.log?

Do you get the error as soon as the tuning starts or does it run for a while and then give an error? If it runs for a while how long does it run before the error occurs?

Do you have any other scheduled tasks running at the same time as your tuning?

Do you have any other queries running against your DB? Like an export to a SIEM platform?

What size is your Database?

Peter

• 2. Re: Re: java.sql.SQLException: Unable to read database:
            peter.mason

Also check your MySQL error log, it's in the install directory :\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Network Security Manager\MySQL\data

it will be you server name .err

I've seen this error when multiple processes were trying to access the same table, which caused tuning to fail.

InnoDB: Operating system error number 32 in a file operation.
            InnoDB: The error means that another program is using InnoDB's files.
            InnoDB: This might be a backup or antivirus software or another instance
            InnoDB: of MySQL. Please close it to get rid of this error.

Peter

• 3. Re: Re: java.sql.SQLException: Unable to read database:
              peter.mason

Hey Benjamin,

Another question, how much free space do you have on the drive hosting your DB?

You need 2.5 - 3 time the size of the largest table free to allow for all of the temp files the tuning process creates. Check the size of your iv_alert and iv_packetlog tables.

Peter