7 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2016 6:25 AM by youngs

McAfee Active Response "Search" UI Unexpected errors

jhernanz144

I managed to install all the McAfee Active Response components successfully (all extension, packages, MAR server (and register it), and DXL brokers.. However, when I click on the either the "Active Response Search" or "Active Response Catalog" I get the error "An unexpected error occurred." in the UI. Please note that ePO and other McAfee products are working perfectly. Any ideas why this could be happening? Any pointers as to what to look for in the logs (i.e. orion.log)? Any help is very much appreciated.

• 1. Re: McAfee Active Response "Search" UI Unexpected errors
          macosta

Please reboot the MAR Server.

• 2. Re: McAfee Active Response "Search" UI Unexpected errors
            youngs

We had something similar and it turned out that we were missing a hotfix for epo.  It requires the latest hotfixes related to Java and we found this out from the log files on the ePO server.  

Scott

• 3. Re: McAfee Active Response "Search" UI Unexpected errors
              jhernanz144

Hi, thanks macosta. I tried that but i didn't work. In fact, I'm in the process of destroying my previous MAR server and booting up a new one. I don't think it will help because I can see the asset reporting in McAfee EPO with the MARSERVER tag. Everything seems ok in that front. Thanks

• 4. Re: McAfee Active Response "Search" UI Unexpected errors
                jhernanz144

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into that!

• 5. Re: McAfee Active Response "Search" UI Unexpected errors
                  jhernanz144

Unfortunately, upgrading ePO (to the respective java fix) didn't work either. youngs in which log did you find such info?

• 6. Re: McAfee Active Response "Search" UI Unexpected errors
                    jhernanz144

I found the following information in the orion.logs:

ERROR [DxlMessagePool-{cd0daa7d-ccaf-4e9d-9351-498c8a4d9976}-154] event.SimpleEventNotifier  - EventListener throw an exception: {"statusCode":0,"applicationErrors":[{"code":"","message":"Cannot get URI from Registered Servers."}]}

com.intel.mar.exception.RegisteredServerUrlNotFound: {"statusCode":0,"applicationErrors":[{"code":"","message":"Cannot get URI from Registered Servers."}]}

at com.intel.mar.service.client.ServerURLResolver.buildServerURL(ServerURLResolver .java:63)

at com.intel.mar.service.client.RestClient.refresh(RestClient.java:206)

at com.intel.mar.server.MARServiceUpdateListener.eventOccurred(MARServiceUpdateLis tener.java:38)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.event.SimpleEventNotifier.notify(SimpleEventNotifier.java :77)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.event.EventListenerVisitor.visitListeners(EventListenerVi sitor.java:90)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.event.OrionEventDispatchServiceImpl.notifyNow(OrionEventD ispatchServiceImpl.java:148)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.event.OrionEventDispatchServiceImpl.notifyNow(OrionEventD ispatchServiceImpl.java:128)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.event.CompositeEventService.notifyNow(CompositeEventServi ce.java:83)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.event.BaseEventService.notifyNow(BaseEventService.java:37 )

at com.intel.mar.service.impl.MARDxlCertificateService.onRequest(MARDxlCertificate Service.java:65)

at com.mcafee.dxl.client.impl.CallbackManager$RequestCallbackManager.handleFire(Ca llbackManager.java:233)

at com.mcafee.dxl.client.impl.CallbackManager$RequestCallbackManager.handleFire(Ca llbackManager.java:227)

at com.mcafee.dxl.client.impl.CallbackManager._fireMessage(CallbackManager.java:21 3)

at com.mcafee.dxl.client.impl.CallbackManager.fireMessage(CallbackManager.java:175 )

at com.mcafee.dxl.client.impl.ServiceManager._onRequest(ServiceManager.java:289)

at com.mcafee.dxl.client.impl.ServiceManager.onRequest(ServiceManager.java:248)

at com.mcafee.dxl.client.impl.CallbackManager$RequestCallbackManager.handleFire(Ca llbackManager.java:233)

at com.mcafee.dxl.client.impl.CallbackManager$RequestCallbackManager.handleFire(Ca llbackManager.java:227)

at com.mcafee.dxl.client.impl.CallbackManager._fireMessage(CallbackManager.java:21 3)

at com.mcafee.dxl.client.impl.CallbackManager.fireMessage(CallbackManager.java:175 )

at com.mcafee.dxl.client.impl.DxlClientImpl.fireRequest(DxlClientImpl.java:812)

at com.mcafee.dxl.client.impl.DxlClientImpl.handleMessage(DxlClientImpl.java:867)

at com.mcafee.dxl.client.impl.DxlClientImpl$1.run(DxlClientImpl.java:1156)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Any pointers?

• 7. Re: McAfee Active Response "Search" UI Unexpected errors
                      youngs

I am pretty sure it was in the orion.log files as well, Were you able to get the MAR server registered?   You will require a license extension to allow this to work correctly.

Below is a link that I used when trying to get things workings as well...

McAfee Active Response Getting Started Guide

Scott