2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2008 9:29 AM by snow-munki

Single client won't update from the ePO

runcmd
      I have a single VMware client computer (Windows Server 2003) which will not update from our ePO server--our only repository. An update goes like this...

Starting update session.
      Checking update packages from repository (my ePO server)
      Checking update packages from repository NAIHttp
      Unable to find a valid repository.
      Closing the update session.

No other computers on the network are having this problem (including other VMware computers). I can ping our ePO server from this system and I am able to ping this computer from the ePO server. I can also telnet to port 81 on the ePO server from this computer without any problems, so I know that the traffic can get there and back. No traffic shows against the firewall when it checks for updates on the NAIHttp (update.nai.com:80) repository, either. It's like the update attempt is never leaving the box.

Things I've tried:
      1.) Uninstall / reinstall both McAfee and the Agent
      2.) Stop all McAfee Services and copy the "Common Framework" and "Network Associates" folders from a functioning computer / Restart services
      3.) Confirm that the SiteList.xml file matches that of the functioning computer
      4.) Recreate the AgentGUID in the registry

I've searched the forum for related threads, but came up empty-handed on a solution. Would greatly welcome any ideas. ...Thanks!

---

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0 (8.0i)
      Virus Definitions: 5244
      Created On: March 4 2008
      Scan Engine: 5200
      Patch Versions: 10

ePolicy Orchestrator Agent v3.5.5.438
      ePolicy Orchestrator v3.5.0.649
      Patch 4