2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2016 3:44 PM by Regis

Minor-but-annoying Java GUI display issues, but only over remote desktop protocol, missing pixels somehow

Regis

Greetings,

This has been a minor annoyance for a long time, and I'm wondering if anyone with experience with Java GUI's generally perhaps has a fix.  The issue occurs only over RDP.   I'm missing some lines and parts of words in the GUI, particularly in rule tracing central that make the input boxes hard to read, and it only occurs when I'm viewing the win7 GUI over an RDP session.     There are missing letters in this screenshot, and you can see some lines missing.    I took the screenshot using my macbook pro's screenshotting tool while RDP'd to the Win7 box that was running the GUI in IE11.  My RDP client is the official Microsoft for OSX RDP client at the latest release.  I've tried 24 and 32 bit color depths.      This issue occurred on my mid-2010 (non-retina) Macbook Pro too, so it seems somehow orthogonal to display technology.

I've seen the same sort of thing in Web Reporter too, so I reckon it's more of a Java booger than anything web gateway per se, but y'all tend to be a smart lot around here, so perhaps someone has tamed this shrew?  

It's not the end of the world, but it definitely does make ya second guess whether the IP you put in to trace is complete or not.

Java is  1.8.0_91-b14. Win7 64.  IE11.

No issues in any other apps, just Java things it seems.    I'd be thankful for any fix ideas.

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 9.32.57 AM.png

Note the incomplete menu word items on the left of the web reporter UI?

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 9.41.12 AM.png