1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 22, 2008 7:27 AM by AAAAAAA

Upgrade from ePO 3.6.1 to 4.0

jase4867
      Hello,

I will be upgrading our ePO server from 3.6.1 to 4.0, and was wondering if you could give some advice.

The current tree is configured using IP filters, with groups set up relating to our different office locations. When I upgrade to ePO 4.0, I want to integrate it with our AD infrastructure. From reading the Product Guide, it looks like I have basically 2 options:

1. To leave my current tree structure as is, using the IP filters, and use the discovery tool to move computers into ePO, then use a sort tool to get them into the proper groups.

2. Configure it so my ePO structure mirrors the AD structure, which in my case, would change the names of all my groups.

What is the easiest way to handle this, and what potential pitfalls could there be? Just looking for insight from those who may have encountered this already.

Thanks in advance for your help!
        • 1. RE: Upgrade from ePO 3.6.1 to 4.0
          You can keep your current structure and import your AD structure in parrallele to it.

When you do the import, select create duplicate machines.
          Start assining your policies to your AD structure and then you can start deleeting systems from your old tree. The deleeted machines from your old tree will then start reporting under the duplicate entries under your AD synch structure.

Keep on deleeting machines until they are all in your new AD structure. If you have policie problems you can always easily move them back to the old group.

Be carefull with the inactive agent maintenancew task though.