1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2016 4:36 AM by Peacekeeper

Change Credit card

waltertuchschmid

I would like to renewal the McAfee software but I have to change the credit card for billing. On the billing update screen is PAY PAL not available. Why?

• 1. Re: Change Credit card
          Peacekeeper

Best to ask customer service

Customer Service

I think paypal only available to some users in some countries not sure here when you find the answer post back please

OK found this from 2014 that I posted

Basically, the additional purchase options don't show up when you are outside of the region of your original purchase. So if you purchased the product online from say the US and are in the UK this is what is offered. I see it also when I purchase from Australia.

This constraint exists in the system due to certain legal and contractual considerations. Typically, a user is restricted to only Card options (MC/Visa) when she is an existing consumer trying to make a purchase in a currency/site different from their country of first McAfee purchase as per the billing info on file.

The non-card payment options that we provide on different sites have some currency specific limitations built-in such that we don't expose them to users who have an address on record which is different than the site/country being visited.

Also the option was removed for some products bought through a partner such as a PC brand

If not applicable call Customer service please