3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2016 7:16 AM by peter.mason

NSP - NSM Appliance reimage

guillote

We have bought a Network Security Manager Appliance (http://www.mcafee.com/us/resources/data-sheets/ds-network-security-manager.pdf)

The appliance have a pre-installed Windows 2008 and it brings a CD with a .tib file (acronis?).

Does anyone knows if this CD is bootable? Does it autoboot and install Windows and NSM?

• 1. Re: NSP - NSM Appliance reimage
          peter.mason

Hi Guillote,

The manager appliance should come with a recovery DVD which should be bootable.

Is there anything printed on the disk you have?

Do you have an issue with the appliance that requires it to be re-installed?

Peter

• 2. Re: NSP - NSM Appliance reimage
            guillote

Hi Peter,

The appliance is not working properly. I have some errors on the event viewer asociated with a intermitent faillure with remote desktop.

The DVD I have received has a .TIB file on it (Acronis?).

Q1: Is this bootable without acronis installed? I did not tested it yet because I'm some miles away from the appliance.

Also, I have received the DVD with NSM 7.1,

Q2: is it possible to download the DVD ISO for NSM 8.x somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

• 3. Re: NSP - NSM Appliance reimage
              peter.mason

Hi Guillote,

If you put the DVD in the appliance it should boot without having to install anything else.

I don't know if you can download a new ISO with later versions of software, you can download newer version of the NSM manager software and upgrade the appliance.

Probably best to contact support and ask them.

Peter