5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2016 10:59 PM by ramyaraj

Deployment of SecurityCenter fails

david_obrien

Hi,

not too sure about the correct place for this question. Anyways... here goes:

I was asked to install a few McAfee components into a golden image. The installation runs in the context of the local Administrator, however, without an interactive logon session (all remote via winrm / PowerShell remoting).

The components are:

1. Endpoint Security Agent
      2. HIPS
      3. SecurityCenter

1 and 2 install just fine, 3 fails every single time with error 16019, which is particularly unhelpful, as this seems to be the only exit code not covered in here: https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 25000/PD25362/en_US/ens_1000_ig_0-00_en-… (page 44)

My script runs perfectly fine if I log on to the machine and run the script interactively from PowerShell, but this will not work in this workflow.

Start-Process -FilePath 'C:\SecurityCentre\setupEP.exe' -ArgumentList 'ADDLOCAL="tp,fw,wc" /nocontentupdate /quiet /l*v"c:\windows\temp\mcafeelogs"' -PassThru

My question would be:
      Has anybody managed to silently, without an interactive logon (for example a SCCM OSD Task Sequence), install the SecurityCenter?

The log file that is created shows this error as well:

22:47:43:950 - Service could not be open. Service does not exist and will be created newly

22:47:43:950 - Error : Could not create the service. Last error : 5

CustomAction CreateAndStartService_x64 returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Anybody an idea?

Cheers

David