4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2008 2:49 AM by tonyb99

McAfee Agent 4.0 - Master list of release Support articles

tonyb99
      McAfee Agent 4.0 - Master list of release Support articles

https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/dynamickc.do?externalId=615002&sliceId= SAL_Public&command=show&forward=nonthreadedKC&kcId=615002

Master list of release Support articles for McAfee Agent (MA) 4.0:

Release Notes:
      615005 - McAfee Agent 4.0 Release Notes

Known Issues:
      614979 - Deployment task fails to deploy the McAfee Agent for Solaris from an IIS 6.0 HTTP repository

614980 - Agent attempts to invoke task from original ePO server after a new agent is deployed from a second ePO server
      614984 - The server keys do not get updated when pushing the McAfee Agent (MA) 4.0 from an ePO 3.6.1 server to computers
      614985 - The "enter executable to be run after update is complete" entry in the McAfee Agent 4.0 policy does not work in ePO 3.6.1 / 4.0
      614987 - ERROR: Invalid directory to use for the repository (when attempting to add a SuperAgent Repository path to McAfee Agent 4.0 policy)
      614988 - Changing the Data directory path during McAfee Agent 4.0 installation does not work using the /datadir switch
      614990 - Client username is reported as .\Administrator for local admin users on Windows 2008 server
      614991 - Syntax errors display in McScript.log for product script files on computers running McAfee Agent 4.0

614993 - Informational messages are being logged as Errors when using the /upgrade and /install=updater switches through a command line when upgrading to McAfee Agent 4.0
      614994 - Informational messages are logged as Errors when using the /upgrade command line switch when installing McAfee Agent 4.0 through ePO
      615017 - VSE 8.5 Access Protection prevents the McAfee Agent 4.0 .MSI installation file from stopping UdaterUI.exe on client computers
        • 1. RE: McAfee Agent 4.0 - Master list of release Support articles
          tonyb99
          615017 - VSE 8.5 Access Protection prevents the McAfee Agent 4.0 .MSI installation file from stopping UdaterUI.exe on client computers

Hmph so they expect you to disable access protection before you can rollout the 4.0 agent then?? ... no fix - "This issue has been deferred for consideration in a future release or patch version of the product."
          • 2. another bug
            Dvanmeter
            I think I found another bug not listed with agent 4. We upgraded our cma 3.6.0.574 agents to 4.0, then later we upgraded our EPO 3.6.1 server to EPO 4.0. I noticed no systems would update System Compliance Profiler from the current to the new version SCP 2.0. No error messages in the CMA task. I found I could not delete the System Compliance profiler folder on any systems when I use to have no problems doing so. The patchscan.dll and patchscan.log files were locked. If I stop the mcafee framework service, the files become unlocked and I can delete the folder, and on next checkin to the server the agent updates the system to SCP 2.0 with no problem. I have another company who just upgraded to EPO 4.0 but still had CMA 3.6.0.574 and they have no problems.
            • 3. RE: another bug
              tonyb99
              Have you reported your issue to support so they can check and publish a new article if necc?
              • 4. RE: McAfee Agent 4.0 - Master list of release Support articles

Typical I've been shouting at epo, glad it hasn't trashed our old installs but for me its nicer to have it on all servers in the same place.