Method 1. Look at the title bar in your browser for Version and build number.
Method 2. SERVER.INI
Click Start, Run, type explorer and click OK.
- Navigate to: ...\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB
- Double-click SERVER.INI.
- Locate the section [Server].
- Patch build number is stated in the Version statement:
Example (For ePO 4.6.6):
- Close the editor.
Method 3 - NAIMServ.dll file Properties
- Click Start, Run, type explorer and click OK.
- Navigate to: ...\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator
- Right-click NAIMServ.dll and select Properties.
- Click the Version tab.
- The build number is displayed similar to the following:
File version: 220.127.116.11
- Click Cancel.
Method 4 - Registry
- Click Start, Run, type regedit, and click OK.
- Navigate to the following registry key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator]
- Double-click PatchInstalled and identify the Value data entry.
NOTE: The Value data entry will be specific to whatever patch version is installed. Patch 1 = 1, Patch 2 = 2, and so on.
Thanks for the reply,
The above mention methods and KB article only shows the ePO version and build no. my query is how to identify the HotFix installed on ePO.
Each of the HotFixes comes with Release notes which gives an "Installation Verification" section detailing how to check if the Hotfix was applied successfully.
For Example HF 1124228 lists at the top of page 3 how to check if the HotFix applied correctly, and in this case if Java was updated to the correct version.
McAfee Volunteer Moderator
Certified McAfee Product Specialist - ePO