1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2016 12:17 PM by Peter M Branched to a new discussion.

LiveSafe vs Total Protection - reinstal problem

thespeech

Since one year I have installed Mcafee livesafe (13 days left). On 29.03.2016 I have activated Mcafee Total Protection. I tried to reinstall Mcafee product, but system always installing me LivSafe and day after day I receives info: 15, 14, 13  days left to the end...

Please inform me what I should to do to install Total protection...

PS. Mcafee have information on their website that on 48 hours they will respond on email (chat not working in Poland) but no one have contacted with me since one week. ( I wrote 2 messages)

Best regards

• 1. Re: LiveSafe vs Total Protection - reinstal problem
          catdaddy

It is my understanding that you wish to convert to McAfee Total Protection, opposed to keeping your 'Livesafe' Subscription. In order to be successful, you need to go to Control Panel/Programs/Features/Add Remove and uninstall 'Live safe'/Restart.

After removing Livesafe through the normal procedure, Download/Install/Run the latest (MCPR) Tool. This will remove any remnants that may be left over for Livesafe/Restart.

How To Uninstall/Reinstall McAfee Consumer Products EXCEPT Anti-Theft

Then go to your 'Account' and Download/Install your subscription of MTP.

In your lower right hand of your Tray,'Right Click' Verify Subscription.

(Note) In some instances another restart is required to complete the installation.

Please inform us of your results.....

All the Best,

CD

• 2. Re: LiveSafe vs Total Protection - reinstal problem
            Peter M

My colleague's idea of uninstalling, cleaning up and then installing the new suite is the best idea.

FYI emailing support is by far the slowest way of communicating and is not recommended.

Poland Technical Support is open by phone (free of charge) Monday - Friday 0900-1700 should you need to contact them again.

Contact Support

• 3. Re: LiveSafe vs Total Protection - reinstal problem
              sivasubramanian.n

thespeech

Are both the Subscriptions i.e., Livesafe and Total Protection in the same email. If not please login with the email which you have activated the MTP and download the product.  Please use  below the snapshot which helps you to reinstall MTP if it is activated in the same email.   And also check whether the MTP subscription is there in My Account >> Subscriptions (after login to account)

Installation.jpg

• 4. Re: LiveSafe vs Total Protection - reinstal problem
                thespeech

Thanks for advices, I will check its on next weekend. During this week I have to leave my home - work .

Ps. catdaddy:  I have changed for total protection because one market have really good discount on this software .

I have some time few minutes ago so...

I have uninstalled mcafee products from one of my one pc/ reboot/ download mcpr and uninstall all/ reboot/ log in mcafee website/ changed products ( I have two products LS and TP) on total protection and downloaded TP and installed it... mcafee downloaded my livesafe subscription grrr

What I made wrong??

• 5. Re: LiveSafe vs Total Protection - reinstal problem
                  catdaddy

thespeech,

I see....For what it is worth I run McAfee Total Protection on mine as well. Always have since it's introduction, and will  continue to for it has always done just fine. I hope you get it all sorted out.

All the Best,

CD

• 6. Re: LiveSafe vs Total Protection - reinstal problem
                    catdaddy

Did you follow the advice 'Siva' suggested in (Post # 3) ? Also if you are still experiencing difficulty, I would suggest follow my Colleague Ex_Brit advice and contact Customer Service/Technical Support to assist you in installing. Via Online Chat/Phone being by far the quickest.  http://service.mcafee.com

Please inform us of your efforts...

• 7. Re: LiveSafe vs Total Protection - reinstal problem
                      thespeech

Before installation I logged on my account. I have two subscriptions LS and TP. I changed on TP and then installed it on PC - not working. At the end of installation always LS is installing.

I tried from email and 3x times from website (my account)

Maybe before installation I should uninstall LS from all devices and PCs' and then try?? Or wait for 5 days till the end of subscription and then install TP...

PS.

Customer service respond on my email. They provided me with same advice as catdaddy. Currently I'm waiting for another advice from them.

Best regards

• 8. Re: LiveSafe vs Total Protection - reinstal problem
                        Peter M

As you were changing suites you should uninstall, then use the clean-up tool, reboot and then install the new suite as outlined by Catdaddy in post #1

• 9. Re: LiveSafe vs Total Protection - reinstal problem
                          thespeech

Ex_Brit,

I have done everything what Catdaddy wrote:

"In order to be successful, you need to go to Control Panel/Programs/Features/Add Remove and uninstall 'Live safe'/Restart. After removing Livesafe through the normal procedure, Download/Install/Run the latest (MCPR) Tool. This will remove any remnants that may be left over for Livesafe/Restart."

Same information customer service wrote to me.

Moreover I used CCleaner to repair regedit and I checked disc C in order to find everything what were named: mcafee, live, safe etc - (all connections to mcafee were deleted)...

According to email which I have received from McAfee with link to my new subscription and instructions, before installing TP I uninstalled everything as above and nothing. Again and again system gives me LS...

1 2 Previous Next