1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 8:50 PM by Jon Scholten

Issue while trying to connect to McAfee McAfee Web and Identity platform server.

kbolt

Hello all. I've recently tried to revive a virtual test environment where I had installed MWG 7.4.2.2 but unfortunately the physical host failed. I've since salvaged the VM files from the failed physical host and I'm now trying to load the VM in another instance of VMWare Workstation on a different physical host.

My problem arises once I place an IP address on one of the interfaces and try to browse to the IP address with port 4711. I get the error show below.

After looking around I also realize the mcafee web gateway coordinator failed during the start up of the VM. looking at other posts in the forum, I see mention of the UUID being a possible cause (MWG coordinator not running after move to new VMware host) but I'm not able to get the UUID from the previous dead physical host. is there any way to bring this VM back to life?

Issue while trying to connect to McAfee McAfee Web and Identity platform server.
      Please restart MWG (/etc/init.d/mwg restart) and log on again.

2016-04-01 19:37:52,378 [ERROR] attaching to the Coordinator failed
      java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
      at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java: 200)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
      at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
      at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:579)
      at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:528)
      at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:425)
      at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:208)
      at com.scur.k.server.ww.adapter.AbstractAdapter.send(AbstractAdapter.java:132)
      at com.scur.k.server.ww.WwCommunicationManager.getOwnUUID(WwCommunicationManager.j ava:105)
      at com.scur.k.server.Konfigurator.attachToCoordinator(Konfigurator.java:902)
      at com.scur.k.server.Konfigurator.<init>(Konfigurator.java:175)
      at com.scur.k.server.initialisation.KonfiguratorChecker.initKonfigurator(Konfigura torChecker.java:75)
      at com.scur.k.server.initialisation.KonfiguratorChecker.access$000(KonfiguratorChe cker.java:36)
      at com.scur.k.server.initialisation.KonfiguratorChecker$1.run(KonfiguratorChecker. java:177)
      2016-04-01 19:37:52,383 [FATAL] Could not start Konfigurator:
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java: 200)
      at com.scur.k.server.ww.WwCommunicationManager.getOwnUUID(WwCommunicationManager.j ava:105)
      at com.scur.k.server.initialisation.KonfiguratorChecker.initKonfigurator(Konfigura torChecker.java:75)
      at com.scur.k.server.initialisation.KonfiguratorChecker.access$000(KonfiguratorChe cker.java:36)
      at com.scur.k.server.initialisation.KonfiguratorChecker$1.run(KonfiguratorChecker. java:177)
      2016-04-01 19:46:44,035 [ERROR] attaching to the Coordinator failed
      2016-04-01 19:46:44,039 [FATAL] Could not start Konfigurator: