I am not familiar with SaaS so I don´t know wether or not you are using the administrative Services of McAfee/Intel which are provided via ePolicy Orchestrator but wether or not you are using ePO you should be able to set the Firewall in learning mode. No Connection at all will be cut for the time beeing in learning mode AND you get a logfile which contains all neccessary informations for your specific Connection with which it should be easy for creating a working exception rule for the Firewall. Also you could open a ServiceRequest where you just ask for help in creating the specific RuleSet if there is no one who can assist you in your Company or here in the Forum.
You may consider giving more information to us and you may also download and have a look into the following files:
When it comes to old saas version , once you uninstall the product from control panel it will not function any more but in ePO cloud managed Endpoint security 10.1 you need to create a deployment from the portal for uninstall.
I would request to try with the following steps.
1) Log on to manage.mcafee.com
2) click on menu > product deployment ( under software)
3) Delete the running deployments( If any deployments are running Mcafee agent will look for the running deployments and even if you uninstall any module from control panel, the running deployment for installation will again install the module at the next communication with cloud server)
4) create a new deployment ( click on new deployment) and name the deployment > change the continuous to Fixed ( so that you can select the particular computer to assign the deployment) > select the package you need to uninstall > change the action to uninstall > select the system > run immediately.
5) click on save.
6) once the deployment is created , open the Mcafee agent status monitor by right clicking the tray icon in the local machine that you need to uninstall the firewall.
7) click on check for new policies in the Mcafee agent status monitor.
8) uninstall will go through automatically.
9) uninstalled product will not get re-installed.
If you still face any difficulties please let me know.
Thank you for your very detailed instructions. This was exactly what I was looking for!
The only thing I find a bit annoying right now is the fact that every time I add a system, it creates a new group. I would think if I created i.e. 'MY GROUP' I would be able to add all systems within this group. Now it constantly creates something like 'new group (3)'. Is there a way to manage this?
Again, thank you very much for your help!
You are always welcome Guidope.
I would suggest you product guide, please go through the guide and if you have any queries please let me know, im glad to help you.