Hi, I had the same issue. You will need to change the column structure back to default. If you are listing Product Versions for the Agent, VSE in the column structure it will hang in ePO 5.3.1.
Mine is a little different, but same issue....I did a 9 hour upgrade from 5.1.0 to 5.1.3 and I am also experiencing the same issue. I tried the untameddoughnut's suggestion by resetting the columns to default,s but to no available. The issue I experience is that I would be able to browse the System Tree with "This Group" and "This group and subgroups" for about 10 mins, and then it would just suddenly hang. Doesn't matter which group I am in, it will still hang. Restarting the EPO server is the only way to make it work temporarily.
For 5.3.1, I did read that the fix that doughnut stated will be in 5.3.2 https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB86310&actp=null&viewlocale=e n_US&showDraft=false&platinum_status=fal…
Hopefully, for my case, there will be a quick fix/hotfix.
We had the same issue, without help from McAfee support team even when strictly applying the ePO server and database requirement.
But we managed to solve the issue by reindexing ePO database tables.
From mssql management studio, you have either to use your favorite Maintenance Plan or find a way to specifically work on the precise table
We have chosen the second solution, with the following steps:
- enable debug mode in ePO (with sql request)
- find the relevant SQL query
- test the query from management studio
- extract the implied tables
- reindex the required index
- disable debug mode in ePO (with sql request)
I not sure the option was the clever one ... but finally works
In fact, during migration, lots of data and tables are moved in bulk mode, so fragmentation appears in table indexes so they are useless in case of fragmentation
When you are working on few client nodes, the problem is not seen, but when you are requesting on a huge number of client node, the index are mandatory
I'll give that a shot. I noticed this morning I was able to access the System Tree, and the console was a bit snappier, and lead me to believe this might be just a DB performance issue. My Remote SQL Server was getting pretty taxed last night, so I think some post-update/upgrade maintenance is due. I'll try it today and post back results.
The solution untameddoughnut gave worked perfectly for us. I reset the view within the System Tree and was once again able to instantly see all systems (this group and subgroups). I added all columns back (all product versions, DAT version, etc - 12 columns in all) and it still shows me all results instantly.