2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2016 9:55 AM by cybercop

Windows 2003 and VSE 8.8 P6.

Steve Chmiewliski

Hi all

Well having a mare with a few Windows 2003 server. They were happy with Patch 4 but finishing up with the deployment of patch 6.

These servers also have HIPS again at Patch 6.

What seems to have happened is that Patch 6 has tried to be installed from ePO and has messed up the install. When I look All the services were stopped. I rebooted the server

several times but it is still not right. I did a removal of both HIPS and VSE but it has left a number of services behind see below.

Capture.PNG

Now when ever I try to reinstall any version of VSE 8.8 it constantly fails. There are no log files generated either.

Any ides??

Regards

Steve

• 1. Re: Windows 2003 and VSE 8.8 P6.
          piosk

I never tried this method on Windows 2003 but it worked for me at Windows XP, Windows 7, windows 8.

Sometimes mcafee messes up impossibly then i think the only way out is to clean up manually.

What i do is:

1) try to uninstall any McAfee products u can using uninstallers or uninstall strings f.e. for Virusscan 8.8 : MsiExec.exe /X{5CED5E6E-B002-40C9-8D8A-C0589E487662}

uninstall mcafee agent : frminst /forceuninstall (run from path where frminst is located (f.e. C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86\)

2) try delete all mcafee folders :

a) C:\Program Files\McAfee

b)C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee

c)C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee

d)C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee

e)C:\ProgramData\McAfee

f)c:\Documents and settings\All UAll Users\Dane aplikacji\McAfee

if u can't delete any of that folders skin them

3) go to registry search for phrase McAfee delete keys containing such name or containing values of McAfee, except some keys like firewall exeptions or legacy  which u cant leave)

then reboot and repeat from step 2.

then reboot

your machine should be McAfee free now.

then install agent and place computer object in ePo in an appropriate place where install tasks are attached for install of desired product

you can speed up tasks execution by issuing command cmdagent -c -e -p  on affected machine

I have to Repeat again - never tested on Server 2003 so follow it on your own responsibility

• 2. Re: Windows 2003 and VSE 8.8 P6.
            cybercop

Found same symptoms in XP when using Agent 5.0.2 probably not supported.... try 4.8.0 you might find it works.