1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2016 7:04 PM by catdaddy

LiveSafe falsely detecting software

jkudlick

I play a game called ToonTown Rewritten on two computers - one is a laptop and the other is a desktop. Both have LiveSafe installed and are kept up to date with the latest DAT files. The issue is that the initial executable file for the game – called launcher.exe, this is the interface with which the user logs in to the server and launches the main executable which actually displays the game interface – was updated to v1.2.3 in early February, but on Tuesday the LiveSafe on the laptop (but not on the desktop) began quarantining the launcher as Generic_GNU!4F87E7A2EB24. I added the file to the list of excluded files in Real-Time Scanning, but the file was still being quarantined. I am sending an email to virus_research@mcafee.com as well, but I can't include the file for automatic review because it only zips to 19MB and the file size limit is 10MB; I also can't seem to find a way to submit the file through the software, nor can I add it to the list of trusted files.

I have attached the file in question below, zipped and password-protected in accordance with the specified procedures for submission. I look forward to your reply. Thank you.

I have removed the attatchment of the file in question, until McAfee has Analysed this .

Cliff

1 2 Previous Next