4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2016 8:25 AM by rjk0987

Upgrading EPO from 5.1.X to 5.3.X causes agents to be unable to communicate with server

rjk0987

I took VM snapshots before/after every change so I was able to roll back. Things are currently working, but I am unable to upgrade past EPO version 5.1.3 without breaking agent-server communication.

After upgrading from EPO 5.0 to 5.1.X (5.1.0 or 5.1.3) everything still works. When I then upgrade to 5.3.X (5.3.0 or 5.3.1), the upgrade is successful with no errors but agents are no longer able to communicate with the server. Installing a new agent causes immediate 'Agent failed to communicate with EPO server' errors on the client. Existing clients eventually time out and fail to communicate as well, though they have cached policies so it takes longer. When in the broken state, the server can also not deploy any agents (agent deployments time out and fail but PING is successful from the server to the client from within the EPO interface).

Agent versions I have tested this with are 4.6, 4.8, and 5.0. None of them can communicate with EPO after it has been upgraded to 5.3.X. Rolling back to a VM snapshot before the upgrade causes all agents to resume communication immediately.

I have not been able to find mention of this in any documentation or any instructions that I am missing when performing the upgrade. Is there something obvious I am missing?